Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB branch behind the times

Options
  • 01-09-2011 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Went into my local AIB today (1st Sept) to lodge a small amount of money. The calendar on the wall of the bank showed the date as 31st August. The lodgement slip was stamped with date of 31st August. Anyone come across this issue before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

TOMP wrote: »
    Went into my local AIB today (1st Sept) to lodge a small amount of money. The calendar on the wall of the bank showed the date as 31st August. The lodgement slip was stamped with date of 31st August. Anyone come across this issue before?

Thats absolutely disgraceful. Thats not exactly cricket at all at all. What kind of show are these people running? Whoever didn't change the calendar on the wall and the little stampy thing to the correct date should be sacked on the spot!

You should write a stongly worded letter to their head office immediately to express your outrage. Its not on I tell you, its not on. I am red in the face here and frantically rummaging through my desk for my blood pressure pills such is my umbrage for what they put you through!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

As stated, a registered letter to their head office is in order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'd suggest someone made a mistake. Granted official bank records probably shouldn't have wrong dates etc on stamps but this is Ireland, the countries had much bigger mistakes than this. If you're truly concerned then contact the customer server dept at your bank and let them know. If you're not, then leave it be.

That's my advice anyway.

(LOL @ blood pressure pills)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

You go into branch offices of banks? Do it online and the date will be correct. you were supposed to have taken the hint by branches only having 1 teller on duty at all times, regardless of demand, for the last 10 years.

This is solely your fault for expecting an actual service from a paper mache model of a real bank from the last century.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 chocolate_cat

AIB are a shower of ****. Which branch was it? They tell u they are doing a service, its done, sorted, have a good day, but BAM!!! Its not done and you have to pay extra charges. Hopefully all the AIB will close down soon. Especially AIB in Athlone. Bad people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

AIB are a shower of ****. Which branch was it? They tell u they are doing a service, its done, sorted, have a good day, but BAM!!! Its not done and you have to pay extra charges. Hopefully all the AIB will close down soon. Especially AIB in Athlone. Bad people.

Cant bad mouth people like that just because you had bad experience, or maybe you got declined a loan etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 chocolate_cat

No loan problems so thats not the problem. I dislike AIB, they say they are going to do something, they dont follow through and you are left with paying charges as the requested transaction didnt happen. And the difference between when the treatment you get when you highlight this problem, they dont want to know, compared to when you then go in and ask what investment services they offer, they are nearly tripping over themselves to get hold of your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

You had bad experiences. Doesn't mean all of AIB is bad. AIB Dalkey are brilliant. Never had an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

You had bad experiences. Doesn't mean all of AIB is bad. AIB Dalkey are brilliant. Never had an issue.

I agree with you, my local AIB are excellent to me I cant fault them at all, extremely helpful and efficient. . I think chocolate_cat has a huge chip on his shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,391 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Any transaction has to go through the bank's computer systems which are always set to the current time and date, it doesn't matter a XXXX what date is stamped on the lodgement stub.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

coylemj wrote: »
    Any transaction has to go through the bank's computer systems which are always set to the current time and date, it doesn't matter a XXXX what date is stamped on the lodgement stub.

Well technically it could...

I lodge money on the 31st and I have a receipt stub for it.

I query where the money is, oh there it is Miss, lodged on our computer under the 1st. Oh no, that's the money I lodged on the 1st, I lodged on two days.
    Where's my money from the 31st?? :eek:

Advertisement