Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychology in DBS? Advice badly needed!

Options
  • 01-09-2011 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hey all,

Has anyone done the full time Psychology degree in DBS? Can anyone give me some advice?

I really want to do Pyschology but unsure about DBS as I haven't heard much about it until I saw it on the vacant places in the CAO, so I got my offer for it. I didn't get Psychology in UCD or Trinity and I really don't want to do it through Arts in Maynooth for fear of not getting a place in 2nd year as the numbers are limited. So if anyone out there can help it would be great! Is the degree worth doing and is it as good as doing the degree it in UCD or Trinity ( I doubt it)? Will I be employable and eligible for post grad study? Will i be as appealing as a UCD or Trinity graduate and also will the Degree be recognised abroad? And what is the DBS college life like?

There's an open evening on Tuesday so I'm going to go to that and find out as much info as possible but i would love some honest opinions, I'm really in a bind!

Thanks guys,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

As it is a PSI-accredited degree I believe it is the same as doing it in UCD or TCD. However it doesn't come under the HEA "free fees" scheme (so you will be paying about €5,000 instead of about €2,000 per year) and I wouldn't be mad about the college life or facilities there as it is quite condensed and cramped (I did a part-time Psychology diploma course there).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 smileyy

Oh was it really that bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,956 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Hey I did the Ba there graduated 06.

I recently applied for BPS accreditation and was granted Graduate membership for chartership which I needed to start a M.Sc in health psychology in the UK so the qualification is good.

Classes are small, lecturers are good and approachable. library is good and facilities are fine. No social scene really and it's not cheap. all in all I think its a good option.

Advertisement