Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inserting Stove

Options
  • 31-08-2011 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi we are thinking of installing a stove before the winter hits but just wondering does anyone have an idea of how much we would be looking at for the installation. We looked at stoves and think we could get one for 1000 (is thisrealistic) but no idea what is a good price for installing. We have oil heating at the mo and live in a 3 bed semi,hoping to heat about 9 rads and have a normal open fire with chimney at the moment.
    Any ideas on price would be great thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fruitcake33

Hi we are thinking of installing a stove before the winter hits but just wondering does anyone have an idea of how much we would be looking at for the installation. We looked at stoves and think we could get one for 1000 (is thisrealistic) but no idea what is a good price for installing. We have oil heating at the mo and live in a 3 bed semi,hoping to heat about 9 rads and have a normal open fire with chimney at the moment.
    Any ideas on price would be great thanks.
    hi.got aprice of 4200 for stove,tank ,ripping out fireplace and labour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Marcanthony

fruitcake would not be far off a ball park sum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Large Stovax Riva 66 multi fuel insert stove supplied,old and horrible open fireplace demolished and new chimney breast built and plastered,twin walled flue liner installed too.

Cost me just over 2.5k euro.

I sourced the recessed polished marble hearth and marble plinth myself from a marble and grannite suppliers down in Wicklow,that was an extra 220 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 PrincessRR09

paddy147 wrote: »
    Large Stovax Riva 66 multi fuel insert stove supplied,old and horrible open fireplace demolished and new chimney breast built and plastered,twin walled flue liner installed too.

That's a fabulous job. 2.5k was more what we had in mind. 4300 is a bit out of our league.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 PrincessRR09

paddy147 wrote: »

That's a fabulous job. 2.5k was more what we had in mind. 4300 is a bit out of our league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

I have a fireplace boarded up in the kitchen and would like to put a 4 kw stove in there. i can get the stove for around 400 but i would like a floating mantle made from some bog oak or something similar and a granite hearth put in. i was also considering geting cladding underneath the mantle down to the hearth. does anyone know anyone in dublin who could do this kind of work and give me a quote? also in your opinion is the cladding a bad idea? i have a mental pic of it looking rustic and charming but i may be wrong. could i perhaps just clad around the edge of the opening for the stove and plaster the rest? any ideas or links appreciated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I have a fireplace boarded up in the kitchen and would like to put a 4 kw stove in there. i can get the stove for around 400 but i would like a floating mantle made from some bog oak or something similar and a granite hearth put in. i was also considering geting cladding underneath the mantle down to the hearth. does anyone know anyone in dublin who could do this kind of work and give me a quote? also in your opinion is the cladding a bad idea? i have a mental pic of it looking rustic and charming but i may be wrong. could i perhaps just clad around the edge of the opening for the stove and plaster the rest? any ideas or links appreciated.

Just make sure the stove is not an unbranded chinese stove.......because it will be a useless piece of crap and you wont be able to get parts for it.

Make sure you get a propper branded name of stove,that has parts readily available.

Floating mantle pieces (rustic look asell) on Done deal.

http://www.donedeal.ie/buildingmaterials-for-sale/spalted-beech-timber-mantels-beams/4712469

http://www.donedeal.ie/buildingmaterials-for-sale/beams-fireplace-oak-beam-stove-mantle/3911053

Advertisement