Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have feedback on kellys bikes?

Options
  • 31-08-2011 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭

I'm in Poland am planning on getting a bike for when I'm here (approx 3/4 times a year) to keep the training up and post nice sunny photos! The closest shop to me up the north where I am sells kellys. They look nice and are not badly priced. Does anyone own one and would you recommend or not? I'm sure the shop has other bikes also but I don't know what yet.

This bike will form part of my international fleet :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kellt

Very good looking bike with good colour schemes. I know a lad who has one with tiagra over 2 years about 4000kms on it no bother. which one are you looking at Lusca?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Why am I not surprised that you replied to this particular thread :p

I love the look of the carbons but can't really justify anything more than an alu frame with tiagra. Maybe the shop will have 2011 stock left to shift cheap so I can do better.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

I've had a Kellys Neos CRX (cross / hybrid) for the last year or so. About 5000k and plenty of abuse with no problems that weren't of my own making. I got mine from McDonalds in Rathgar who stock them, but don't see many of them on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭jamesd

I have a 2010 Kellys axis yellow hybrid - great bike and used every evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

What are they charging over there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Have a Kellys IRC 3.9 with Tiagra. Past 15000km with no problems. It's a very comfortable bike to use too.

Raam wrote: »

I'll let you know later. Going to check it out shortly.

The shops had none in stock but one had a 58cm specialized allez sport very similar to my own allez elite so I bought it instead! A nice white one for a change.

Mods, please close thread.

Thanks all for responses.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Raam wrote: »

3 cabbages, 1 turnip and a bottle of vodka..

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

RobFowl wrote: »
    3 cabbages, 1 turnip and a bottle of vodka..

Not funny

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

twinsen wrote: »
    Not funny

They'll be selling stuff for bags of spuds here soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭coolbeans

twinsen wrote: »
    Not funny

I laughed. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭93gavinmoran93

Have a Kellys IRC 3.9 with Tiagra. Past 15000km with no problems. It's a very comfortable bike to use too.

How much is the Kelly's 3.9, I was looking at a second hand one online, is it carbon fibre?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Gerry

Have a Kelly's hybrid, very reliable machine for tipping around.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

RobFowl wrote: »
    They'll be selling stuff for bags of spuds here soon..

the spuds in Lusk are in baskets...

Advertisement