Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking in the Picos- Spain

Options
  • 31-08-2011 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi all,

My gf and I are going to the Picos in Northern Spain next week for some walking. We’re at the low end of walking fitness/experience so we’re not planning to stretch ourselves too much but I was just wondering if any of you had walked there and if you could give any recommendations?

Where would be good to base ourselves, (we were thinking of Potes)? Do you need to hire a car to get around or is there good public transport links into the area? Should we get some detailed maps and walking guide books or can you get good information from the local park offices? Is there any places to stay or guides that do walks that anyone can recommend?

Thanks for all feedback.

Advertisement