Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pilates in Dublin City Centre, and a question about getting started

Options
  • 30-08-2011 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I am looking for a Pilates class/studio in the city centre, preferably that offers a class in the early evening.
    I found only 2 online, but I am sure there are many more.

Also, I am an absolute beginner to this, and have no idea how to evaluate the classes offered to choose one that will be a good fit for me.
    I realise this is a terribly vague question, but how will I go about this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lorcan31

Hi Also searching dublin area for pilates classes.
    Was hoping for a mens class as I have heard they differ slightly.
    But would be willing to attend mixed.
    Info is a bit vague and hard to find so would also appreciate any advice out there

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

greenasil wrote: »
    I am looking for a Pilates class/studio in the city centre, preferably that offers a class in the early evening.
    I found only 2 online, but I am sure there are many more.

Also, I am an absolute beginner to this, and have no idea how to evaluate the classes offered to choose one that will be a good fit for me.
    I realise this is a terribly vague question, but how will I go about this?

Hi guys, I'm by no means an expert (I'm doing yoga and pilates for only a year) but I find the class (and instructor) I go to excellent. She's starting a new course in mid September so that could suit? Her website is www.mywellbeing.ie so another option if you want to check it out. She's on south william street (right behind grafton st.) so the location is great if you're looking for city centre.

I had no idea how to start last year so I called into her for a chat and she gave me all the advice I needed.

There are lots of people on boards here that know way more and might be able to give you better advice however.

Lorcan -I've done both yoga and pilates and am usually the only guy in the class. I don't think it really matters when you're a beginner. Especially if you're starting Pilates as getting the basics right is the most important way to start. Maybe someone else here can verify (or rubbish) this!:)

Best of luck with your search:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Mr Marri

Don't worry most classes will have lots of beginners, and as far the exercises there alway easier/harder alternatives.
    From what I've seen pilates is pretty much standardized so if you can find a well qualified instructor you should be in safe hands.

Advertisement