Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

02 Mondeo Tddi Hot Start Problem

Options
  • 30-08-2011 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Bought a mondeo tddi a few weeks back car drove sound so it seemed however after a day when i had car up to decent temperature i noticed that it wouldnt start when hot. The engine will turn over but there is no throttle response. Then it will cut out. It will only start then once temperature gauge is below zero( cold engine) or if you roll the car with the clutch and get it moving slightly the throttle will kick in after about 12 meters. Alternator is fine has been checked.

What in the name of god is wrong!!!!!!!

Any help would be much appreciated.

:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭McP2011

Could be a coolant temp sensor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Change the fuel filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 westportpoultry

changed fuel filter allready

changed fuel filter allready
    Did the problem start after that?

no somebody suggested changing it so i did no joy. the car will start but the throttle wont kick in when hot. But if i get the car rolling down a slight decline the throttle comes back again. The throttle pedal was swapped still no joy. Allternators fine.

• Advertisement

wud that effect the power in the car when driving. Seemsto lack decent power for overtaking???

Giving the way you describe the car's behaviour, it seems like air might ingressing into the fuel system. Usually its a dickey fuel union or seal around the filter that can caused this. If you draw a blank with that then a code scan and live data read is needed to eliminate any problems with the sensors (crank sensor in particular) or if the fuel pump itself is acting up. Again though, I've a hunch it's something simple to do with fueling.

unplugged coolant temperature sensor and it starts fine when hot. But runs rough idle and when driving. this could be it..!

Advertisement