Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish motorways with garmin lifetime updates?

Options
  • 30-08-2011 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

Could anyone verify that the lifetime updates from garmin now include all major motorways in ireland? Eg - m6, m9 , m7 ect??

IVe not wanted to spend almost the same amount of cash on a map update that I spent on the unit itself for some time, over a year, but i think it may be time to bite the bullet now.

Any other comments on lifetime updates with garmin welcome? Are they really current with all new roads?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

subscriber wrote: »
    Could anyone verify that the lifetime updates from garmin now include all major motorways in ireland? Eg - m6, m9 , m7 ect??

IVe not wanted to spend almost the same amount of cash on a map update that I spent on the unit itself for some time, over a year, but i think it may be time to bite the bullet now.

Any other comments on lifetime updates with garmin welcome? Are they really current with all new roads?

You can check out the latest map here
    https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=33380

Usually, they are about nine months behind on main routes (can be more on minor routes).

Also, currently the cost of the updates are 90 euro, which is 30 euro cheaper than they were last year. They may or may not go any cheaper. If you don't need the updates, it might not be any harm waiting to see if the price will drop.

Advertisement