Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Going To Monza In Two Weeks ?

Options
  • 30-08-2011 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Is anyone going to Monza in two weeks time ? I am. Can't wait. Second time there. Sitting at first corner. Staying in Milan. Head out Thursday. Back Sunday night

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 PD09

Just booked the ticket this morning! A bit of a last minute thing and taking the car (via Rosslare) for a bit of a road trip. I'm thinking I'll try and camp near the track but I need to consult my friend Mr Google about that :)
    All suggestions welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

Have you bought tickets yet ?

Yes, I'm on Alta Velocita B ... at least hope I am if the Italian website hasn't bewildered me!

Good tickets. Im in 6C. Got crap tickets there 2 years ago. Never again

Seems we're neighbours for the weekend then! I'm driving and hoping to get there Saturday in time for quali. If you fancy saying hello, PM me you number and I'll text you when I get there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Been there the last two years straight, feels kind of weird not to be going this year, however money is a limited factor at present. I hope to go again next year.

G-Money, Any advise for a Monza virgin? I've been to a few others so know the generic stuff but any tips on Monza? Is the food good/cheap/etc inside? Can you bring stuff in - do they take bottle off you for example. Stuff like that. I'm camping - at least I hope so - I might be staying in the car yet! :) , so any info in that regard would be welcome.

Hmmm, well I usually advise people to bring comfortable shoes as they will most likely be doing a lot of walking. I was taking the free shuttle to the track but it still dropped you a good 25 - 30 minutes walk from the main start/finish straight entrance.

I think they might possibly check your bags but I can't quite remember. The only food and drink I brought in with me was a bottle of water I think. For some reason I don't think I bothered eating anything at the track. I'd have my breakfast and then eat nothing until dinner time when I got back to my hotel. I don't remember eating anything at the circuit at all, although there's a fair few food vendors around.

Also, beware of groups of people standing around playing "games" and inviting you over to play. It's a scam and the other "players" are actually in on it. One of the games I saw was this guy with 3 cups and there was a ball underneath one and he'd mix them around and you'd have to guess which one. It cost €50 to play and he always made it obvious which one it was under, but had the people who were in on it, pick the wrong one. They're not aggressive or anything, they might ask you to play if they see you looking but just say "no thanks" and walk on and they won't bother you.

Bring suncream and a cap as most of the stands have no cover and if the weather is how it usually is, that will mean blistering hot sunshine.

I think on the Friday if you have a grandstand ticket you can sit anywhere, but on Sat and Sunday, it's reserved seating.

I don't have much info about camping sorry. The first time I stayed in Milan and the 2nd time I stayed in Bergamo and both times it was a hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭paddy cork

going again this year after missing last year.being from cork and there being no flight to milan ,i am flying to paris on thursday morning and taking a train in the afternoon to milan.booked into a hotel 10 minutes from the central station.40 euro a night.there is a supermarket at the station where you can stock up on 4 or 5 drink bottles.(it usually is pretty warm at the track).i think the last time i had a turkey burger at the track.
    on the other times i was there i had general admission tickets and had low seating at the end of the parabolica with a big screen opposite at the other side of the track.there are fences here but you are able to jump the first and climb under the second to be able to run to the podium after the race.everybody gets onto the track eventually cyclists ,bikers, children.
    free trains to and from the track on the sunday to the lesmo corners where you can buy tickets. this will be my first time going on friday or saturday,so i will getting a train to monza station and a free shuttle bus to the vedano entrance.
    sleeper train to paris sunday night and flight to cork monday afternoon.

If anyone wants to see some of my track side videos from Monza, click here http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC155C87544E5604F&feature=viewall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I took this from lap one as well...Few other bits recorded, but this was the main one - reaction and view from Lesmo.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

thegoth wrote: »
    If anyone wants to see some of my track side videos from Monza, click here http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC155C87544E5604F&feature=viewall

Some great videos in there. You had an excellent view of the first corner shennanigans and you can really appreciate how quick the track officials and marshalls are to act in the circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭paddy cork

there was a great atmosphere at the track for the weekend. close on thirty degrees heat .watched the race on the inside of the end of the parabolica.met 2 people from county down who driven all the way.also met 2 from dublin going to there first gp.also saw a group of 5 or 6 after the race with the tricolour.at the other side of the pit wall saw jake and eddie,jackie stewart and niki lauda who works for rtl tv in germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Definitely doing Spa and Monza next year as my end of season extravaganza....cant imagine making the trips out the Far and Middle East!:D

Seems that every year everyone that goes to these races has an absolutely great weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

thegoth wrote: »

What stand were you in for future reference?

6B. Expensive enough ticket but worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Hi everybody I am just back from Monza. I was also at turn 1 in section 6A. I purchased the fanvision device for the race. Did anybody else try it? it was a bit expensive but you had ear plugs and commentary with live timings in one handheld device. A lot of walking but well worth it. I really enjoyed Schumacher (who I'm a big fan off) fighting Hamilton (I didn't like when Hamilton was nearly put onto the grass) and possibly having his best race since his comeback.

frostie500 wrote: »
    Definitely doing Spa and Monza next year as my end of season extravaganza....cant imagine making the trips out the Far and Middle East!:D

Seems that every year everyone that goes to these races has an absolutely great weekend

Keep an eye on the Spa ticket site as well as the Monza circuit website. For the past few years both tracks have been offering discounts if you book quite far in advance. I know for Spa last year I actually booked my tickets the previous October as they were on sale and had the biggest discount. Monza also start selling tickets quite early, before Christmas possibly, and if not, definitely in January and they again offer discounts the earlier you book.

As the months tick by they reduce the discount gradually so if you are definitely going, it might be worth getting your tickets sooner rather than later.

PS: Actually Spa tickets are on sale now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

G-Money wrote: »

PS: Actually Spa tickets are on sale now.

At a 20% discount until 31 October

Hungary has

Until October 31st 2011, there are huge discounts in many ticket categories up to 45% of the face value. For example:

- Super Gold Weekend at EUR 299 instead of EUR 450
    - Gold 4 Weekend at EUR 199 instead of EUR 299
    - Silber 3 Weekend at EUR 149 instead of EUR 270
    and for the first time and its a great idea

NEW in 2012: Three Corner Packages
    Another grandstand on each day of the weekend. Enjoy the weekend's racing action from three different angles. Three different packages are available.
    Sales of these tickets are limited and will end latest January 31st, 2012.
    All details can be found here:
    http://www.hungaroinfo.com/formel1/tickets_tri_threecorner_en.htm

I booked my Spa ticket last week while they still have the 20% discount.

Has anyone else ever noticed this about F1. When you go to a race live, you want to go to the same race again the following year? I went to Spa and Monza last year and Monza the year before. I didn't go this year but I felt a strong urge to go.

I'm currently researching and booking trips for next year. Monaco, Spa and Monza are on the cards. Flights to Brussells (to go to Spa) with Aer Lingus are €5.99 each way on the days and times I want to go, so I'm hoping to book in the next few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭leposean

What site do u buy Spa tickets off? or any race for that matter

leposean wrote: »
    What site do u buy Spa tickets off? or any race for that matter

Bought my tickets from this site again this year http://www.spagrandprix.com/ I purchased from them for the 2010 race also.

I usually buy my tickets direct from the circuit. Although for Monaco I will be buying them from the Monaco Automobile Club. You can buy tickets on Formula1.com but I don't know if they're any cheaper and they make you pick them up at the time, rather than posting them out which is not something I'm interested in. I'd much rather have them in hand going there than having to track down a ticket office and queuing up to get them.

Advertisement