Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digs in Ennis for repeat leaving cert student..

Options
  • 30-08-2011 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hey, my younger brother is contemplating repeating in St Flannans. As the boarding school is now closed I was wondering if there was any alternative housing available... I remember years ago when I was a student there, some of the female repeats stayed in digs close by... anyone know of any?

Or other suggestions?

I'm not sure taking out a room in a house with non students would really work for a leaving cert...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

While St. Flannan's wouldn't be able to recommend a digs, the office there might well have a list or at least a note of local homes used as digs by students in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭dasium

Balagan wrote: »
    While St. Flannan's wouldn't be able to recommend a digs, the office there might well have a list or at least a note of local homes used as digs by students in the past.

Thanks for the reply but the school doesn't get involved at all re 'digs'... they neither want to been seen to recommend a place or leave itself open for any child safety issues....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭blueshark22

dasium wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply but the school doesn't get involved at all re 'digs'... they neither want to been seen to recommend a place or leave itself open for any child safety issues....

I've never heard of this before, but it might be worth ringing a few of the local B&Bs around the area, probably be your best bet. There's definitely a few on the limerick road that would be within walking distance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭john hanrahan

my mother lives very close to the school and used to take students a few years ago. she hasn't done it the last few years but she is interested this year. pm me and i will give you her details,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

hi,
    we have taken students in the past from st. flannens. If your brother hasen't been sorted please feel free togive me a message. digs or room only five or seven days okay. We are a very friendly family, warm, comfortable luxury house. en suite.

• Advertisement
Advertisement