Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with steam

Options
  • 30-08-2011 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 39,679 ✭✭✭✭

I know this might be in the wrong forum but I'm genuinely going slightly mental the last few days. Steam logged me out for some unknown reason and of course I couldn't remember my password but used the retrieve an account option but it tells me my secret answer(my mothers maiden name) is wrong and there seems to be no email or otherwise way of contacting them. I'm after buying a fair bit of stuff and packs and I just need if sorted. Anyone please help me. Even an email would do. I'm sorry mods if this is in the wring place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,035 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I know this might be in the wrong forum but I'm genuinely going slightly mental the last few days. Steam logged me out for some unknown reason and of course I couldn't remember my password but used the retrieve an account option but it tells me my secret answer(my mothers maiden name) is wrong and there seems to be no email or otherwise way of contacting them. I'm after buying a fair bit of stuff and packs and I just need if sorted. Anyone please help me. Even an email would do. I'm sorry mods if this is in the wring place.
    Well be sure you answere the right maiden name. One time I spent 10 minutes cussing out my cell phone provider on their support line because they said I gave them the wrong answer.

As I realised about 20 minutes later, I was giving them my sister's middle name, not my mother's maiden name.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Create a steam support account, (these are completely separate to your steam account for security reasons) and open a ticket. Even if you secret answer is on file incorrectly (maybe you mistyped it originally something) they will likely be able to give you the opportunity to prove your identity in other ways (credit card purchases, other personal details etc)

https://support.steampowered.com/register.php

Advertisement