Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I barred?

Options
  • 29-08-2011 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

I got thrown out of a local latebar a few months back because I was caught with a nagin 2 months ago ( Schoolboy error I know ) might I add I worked there last year for 6months. Thing is tonight theres a band on tonight that I really want to see. So people of AH think i'll get in? :pac:

Will OP get in? 31 votes

Yes, no probs - walk right in boyo
    0% 0 votes
    No way, you're welcome back in.... NEVER!
    74% 23 votes
    Meh, what's on telly? Atari J is on!
    25% 8 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Few naggins be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Chips Ahoy

you can never show your face there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

You should have went a few nights ago and checked it out, anyway too late now, no harm in trying, I'm sure they have seen plenty worse than someone sneak in a naggin.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Gator

yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Try and buy some drink this time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

orourkeda wrote: »
    Try and buy some drink this time

Learned my lesson big time that night ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭ZzubZzub

Yes, you are barred for sure.

In fact, all other local bars and off licences have been sent your photo to warn them of your personal campaign against buying drinks in licensed establishments. The offys will no longer sell you anything bar chewing gum and redbull.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

James__10 wrote: »
    I got thrown out of a local latebar a few months back because I was caught with a nagin 2 months ago ( Schoolboy error I know ) might I add I worked there last year for 6months. Thing is tonight theres a band on tonight that I really want to see. So people of AH think i'll get in? :pac:

Try apologising? seems like the most obvious thing to do:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭cml387

Needs a poll.If enough people say "Go for it" cut out poll and show to barman.
    Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

what pub is it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Poll added

Yeah your barred, you did something most people are too stupid to do.

You should have done something less unique, like ride someone in the jacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Shakespear goes into a bar, barman.... ah **** it, you've probably heard it...!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭cml387

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Shakespear goes into a bar, barman.... ah **** it, you've probably heard it...!

Nope.

I'm on tenterhooks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Deffo barred. Although you could shoot the owner. Then you should be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Try going back in without the lip gloss, mascara, hooped earrings and hotpants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

They'll most likely bum you on sight, better play it safe and stay home.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

Why do people who have the bright idea of buying naggins to smuggle into a boozer to save money not think the idea through and get a bottle of water, tip out the contents and pour in the gin or vodka or whatever (or use a bottle of something the same colour as whatever you're having)? You can get a half bottle into a water bottle or you could go the whole hog for that matter - get a bottle of coke, tip out half of it, top up with naggin contents, take a mouthful every now and again in the pub...sorted. It may not be foolproof but it's a lot less likely to get caught than tipping a naggin into your glass when you think nobody is looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

OP, you weren't even barred really in the first place. If you had gone back the next week and just apologised you'd be grand. But still, just go in, have a friend get the first round, then gets yours in and all will be well.

Tried to get into the establishment the other night and was told by the owner (former boss) "Get out you chancing wee ****" :rolleyes:

My problem doesen't stop their tried another night club up the road and was refused without giving a reason was told " Sorry can't let you in tonight". The same bouncer gives the same bull**** everyweek. It all stems back from basically been thrown out for been drunk i've never caused any trouble fights,arguements etc. So I was thinking if I wrote a letter of apology to the nightclub would I be able to get back in? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

might I add I worked there last year for 6months.

Did you leave on good or bad terms?

cofy wrote: »
    Did you leave on good or bad terms?

bad terms, lets just say we didn't see eye to eye :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

You need to murder the owner. Actually too far, just threaten them and their family so they flee the country

The new owner hasn't barred you yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

It looks like they were looking for an excuse to bar you and unfortunately, you gave it to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Buy one of those drinking bags the cyclists have and you'll have it sewn up.. you can get a 4 litre bladder for them... Rum and coke.

howeya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Why do people who have the bright idea of buying naggins to smuggle into a boozer to save money not think the idea through and get a bottle of water, tip out the contents and pour in the gin or vodka or whatever (or use a bottle of something the same colour as whatever you're having)? You can get a half bottle into a water bottle or you could go the whole hog for that matter - get a bottle of coke, tip out half of it, top up with naggin contents, take a mouthful every now and again in the pub...sorted. It may not be foolproof but it's a lot less likely to get caught than tipping a naggin into your glass when you think nobody is looking.
    People do do this, the reason people don't know about it is because it's so discreet you never see it happening! Very sneaky.

This tactic got me and some friends through 3 years of college rarely spending much more than a bottle of coke and a taxi fare on our social lives!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Caught perving on the barmaids ya scamp?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

later10 wrote: »
    People do do this, the reason people don't know about it is because it's so discreet you never see it happening! The sneaky

This tactic got me and some friends through 3 years of college rarely spending much more than a bottle of coke and a taxi fare on our social lives!

So you didn't buy anything to put into the coke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

mackg wrote: »
    So you didn't buy anything to put into the coke?
    You only start counting the cost of a night out once you get into the taxi, them's the rules, I don't make them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056389659

Barred from a late bar and a nightclub OP? Bit of a rascal on a night out are we?

Advertisement