Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hit and run rear ended at roundabout near tom hogans at 4:30 ish

Options
  • 29-08-2011 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi folks
    just wondering if anyone was driving near the roundabout beside Tom Hogans today around 4:30 as my wife was rear ended by a driver who then drove off without giving details.
    My wife is shook up and my son freaked out and is only 5,
    sadly the garda cant do much without siome details of the car ,my wife said the reg started as 03 mh ....... and was a small red car.
    any witnesses could you please help.
    Thank you
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭cardoor

Which direction was she coming from:
    • Ballybane Rd
    • Western Motors
    • Tuam Road
    • Ballybrit Ind Est.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭seanbrady49

cardoor wrote: »
    Which direction was she coming from:
    • Ballybane Rd
    • Western Motors
    • Tuam Road
    • Ballybrit Ind Est.
    She was coming from ballybane and was on the inside lane the car was behind her from renmore she said the driver was in his late twenties and he drove off towards Flemings may have stopped at the Petrol stations either side of the roundabout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭cardoor

:(There is a fixed camera on the road from Ballybrit Ind Est. If she was coming from there the red car with partial reg would have been idenified by Gardai. Hope you catch the culpit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

The gardai won't care or do anything anyway, if your family are safe and sound just forget about it.

Was sitting in a parking space on St. Mary's Road before when a speeding merc smashed off my drivers side wing mirror (I was fully in the space, and then some). Got the make & reg, rang the Gardai, they helpfully said I had to call into the station to report it, which I did, the Garda in the station wrote the details down on the back of an envelope, said he'd call to the registered address of the car and get back to me. No word back, called station several times, every time I was told I had to speak to the Garda who took the details and that he was either off duty or 'out in the car' and would call me back.

Eventually just got my wing mirror fixed and gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

DO NOT LET THIS GO! People like that don't deserve to be anywhere near a public highway and chances are he'll do it again if he can get away with it.
    Check the route for CCTV cameras, get the footage from the owners and persue this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Sorry to hear that OP. My car was crashed into causing €1500 worth of damage outside my house on Bohermore last Sunday morning and the gardaí have actually been very helpful. Whoever it was left a hubcap behind and also probably got caught on my neighbours' CCTV, so if you drive a Sprinter and have inadequate depth perception .. we're coming for you :mad: (on the off chance any witnesses are reading please PM me!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Yesterday was mad on the roads for some reason.
    Some eejit, whose licence to drive needs revoking, snook up on the Dock road lane skipping the long line of traffic and squeezes his small car between a static cyclist and a static motorist at the traffic lights which had just turned green and they were about to move.. another milisecond later, there would've been a rear-ending or scraping of paint or a cyclist kissing the road. And to top it off he was holding a phone to his right ear while doing all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 GemInEye

Chances are the little-red-car guy is coming that road most of the days after work, around that time, and if you have time in your hands, then maybe you should sit and wait for a couple of days, just to see...

That's what I would do anyway :)

Advertisement