Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling PC Games - Dublin City Center

Options
  • 29-08-2011 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭

Quick question folks, does anywhere in Dublin City Center buy PC games for trade-in/cash etc? I remember the old Games Xchange on Talbot street but I imagine that's long gone? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

CeX on Upper Liffey is one of the few places that sells 2nd hand PC games, so I'd hit that **** up :) Unsure what kind of money you'd get for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Cheers johnathon ;). Huh!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,038 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Cheers johnathon ;). Huh!
    Wow, you double-butchered that name.

I hate it when people do that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

There's a place on Grafton St near the green. I think it's called '3D Games' or something like that. They sell 2nd hand PC games, so I presume they buy them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 IllusionedEyes

CeX are probably your best bet. Check out their website, they show what prices they buy games for, it's really handy.
    http://ie.webuy.com/
    I reckon you'd get a better deal there than at 3D Games, but I may be slightly biased against them since they only offered me €18 for a really good original copy of Final Fantasy VII while they had another copy on sale for €65..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Is there not a chance that the CD Key will already have been used with 2nd hand PC games?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,516 ✭✭✭✭Varik

KonFusion wrote: »
    Is there not a chance that the CD Key will already have been used with 2nd hand PC games?

There is, and more importantly there's the chance that the key was assigned to an online account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I would only be thinking of trading in games that I know the CD key (if applicable) can be re-used (aka mainly offline single player games).

Advertisement