Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver of the day: Round 12 - Belgian Grand Prix

Options
  • 29-08-2011 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

Lots of drivers to pick from. Sebastian Vettel was stunning, his perfectly timed qualifying effort set the tone for his victory and even though many, including myself, expected Red Bull to be disadvantaged by lower top speeds the German never put a foot wrong and took another well judged victory even though his strategy was badly affected by blistering in the opening stages.

Mark Webber finished second after a great recovery drive a terrible start. His race was highlighted by a superb move on Alonso through Eau Rouge. Even so Webber's performance seemed to lack the sparkle that was needed to make his strategy work but this was another solid showing from Webber.

Jenson Button salvaged a podium from 13th on the grid with a series of stunning overtaking moves. Once again Button showed that his repuation for lacking the ability to dice wheel to wheel was completely unfounded and his stunning performance surely gives him confidence ahead of Monza.

Michael Schumacher's drive to fifth from last on the grid showed that even though he will never regain the heights of his former greatness this showed that even after 20 years the fire to race still burns brightly in the seven times world champion

Driver of the day 46 votes

Sebastian Vettel
    0%
    Mark Webber
    4%
    EvilMonkeycupcakedan 2 votes
    Lewis Hamilton
    0%
    Jenson Button
    0%
    Fernando Alonso
    17%
    BeekayamacachiHavermeyerdor83Charlie-BravoSheepsratedRAutosport 8 votes
    Felipe Massa
    0%
    Michael Schumacher
    0%
    Nico Rosberg
    78%
    Coyotev10Brian CivilEngDe HipstervectraLIGHTNINGmiketvMagown3[Deleted User]11811Doc_SavageIckle MagooFrank Bullittlord lucanjohnnysmackKevskiMyrddinGrim.frostie500Kev_ps3 36 votes
    Bruno Senna
    0%
    Vitaly Petrov
    0%
    Rubens Barrichello
    0%
    Pastor Maldonado
    0%
    Adrian Sutil
    0%
    Paul di Resta
    0%
    Kamui Kobayashi
    0%
    Sergio Perez
    0%
    Sebastian Buemi
    0%
    Jamie Alguersuari
    0%
    Heikki Kovalainen
    0%
    Jarno Trulli
    0%
    Daniel Ricciardo
    0%
    Vitantonio Liuzzi
    0%
    Timo Glock
    0%
    Jerome d'Ambrosio
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Nico Rosberg
    Schumacher for me. Great drive from him. I think dropping out of qualifying was probably the best thing for him. Had he started further up the field I don't think he'd have drove the way he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

Nico Rosberg
    micheal schumacher for me ,kept his head down and had a great race and a good finish which is no harm as he tends to get a lot of stick.

on another point lads,what about vettel for me i think his a ok driver in a fast car and when his out in front yea u could not catch him,but when his not on pole and behind his driveing is in question?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Nico Rosberg
    Hard call between Button and Schumacher.. Had to go for Schumacher in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Nico Rosberg
    Schumi - one of the best drives by anyone this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Nico Rosberg
    Schumacher for me,fantastic drive.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Nico Rosberg
    Schumacher, no question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Nico Rosberg
    Shumacher :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Fernando Alonso
    Since everyone voted for Shumacher I'll vote for Button :D

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

Nico Rosberg
    Brilliant drive schumi!! proof that he donsent need a wet race to be competitive or retirements etc, first race in a while where he didnt get caught up in any shenanigans and best possible result behind the much quicker red bulls mclaren and ferrari

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭v10

Nico Rosberg
    Absolutely Schumacher, Pity his drive through the field didn't get more coverage though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Nico Rosberg
    Schumacher for me, up 19 places in the race. Fantastic.

Advertisement