Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate the race: Round 12 - Belgian Grand Prix

Options
  • 29-08-2011 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

So what did everyone think of Spa? It had the makings of a true classic until Hamilton crashed out and from that point on Vettel was relatively secure throughout. THat being so I really enjoyed the race with Button and Schumacher moving through the field aggressively and lots of overtaking.

I was talking to a lot of people and they bemoaned the use of DRS this weekend for making overtaking "too easy" but the amount of moves that were setup coming through the hill at the top of Eau Rouge showed that DRS, by and large, didnt dramatically increase the amount of overtaking during the race

Rate the race 31 votes

0%
    0%
    35%
    muckwarrior11811Doc_Savagelord lucanvincenzolorenzoRayMGlico ManTea 1000FREDNISMOLionbackerthe culture of deference 11 votes
    51%
    De HipsterLIGHTNING[Deleted User]EvilMonkeyMyrddinblackiebestGrim.frostie500Stevie DakotaSparks43decisionsSheepshotwhiskeylosthorizonAutosportpedro6105 16 votes
    9%
    v10Ghost Traincocalolaman 3 votes
    3%
    Kev_ps3 1 vote
    0%
    0%
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    To be fair the DRS made a huge different, the closure rate was unbelievable in some cases.

Did you think that it made a significant difference? Coming up to Les Combes has always been a popular overtaking place but I was amazed at how many moves were set up by running so close through Radian at the top of the hill. Some cars were so much faster through Eau Rouge, the Ferrari's especially, and while there was more moves at Spa this year than in the past I wouldnt have thought that the DRS was considerably more effective at Spa than at other tracks, definetly not on the same scale as Turkey etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

In fairness the DRS again didn't make as big a difference as it may have seemed, the Mercs were so much faster than everyone else in a straight line without it or a slipstream, it just saved an extra lap of waiting in most cases. Again though, it's all about set-up, Merc are set up to use it well, others aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I gave it a 9. Great race and i feckin' love Spa!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Love Spa, Shumacher made more it exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I gave it a 8, Love Spa, Loved all the overtaking, Great to see Michael and Jensen drive like mad men :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

Autosport wrote: »
    I gave it a 8, Love Spa, Loved all the overtaking, Great to see Michael and Jensen drive like mad men :D

I am watching it tomorrow afternoon with the full qualifying. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭cocalolaman

Gave it a 7, I normally love Spa but it got a bit boring after the safety car, I'm getting seriously fed up of Seb running away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Haha... didn't even consider that someone might vote 1. Tbf, if they did, I'd have them committed :pac: Had the makings of another classic Spa until Hammo crashed out, but Schumi and Button helped somewhat. 8.5 for me so I'll round it up to 9 :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

I am watching it tomorrow afternoon with the full qualifying. Looking forward to it.

Great race, great driving, great overtaking. The cars really looked on top of each other after safety car. Its one of my fav circuits. Great commentary from DC and MB, with DC like a giggling schoolgirl in parts.

Advertisement