Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cert in Sports & Recreation DSRXX

Options
  • 29-08-2011 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has done the Fetac Level 5 Certificate in Sports & Recreation DSRXX and Level 1 in Exercise & Health Fitness in accredited by Limerick University and what the job prospects from it are and also what follow up courses could be done and does it allow any progression to Higher qualifications.

Is there a better course where I could train as a personal trainer. I have been looking at Maltings Training and ntc.ie all input greatly appreciated.

I already have physiology and sports injury management DCHSX Level 5 completed- would really prefer to progress onto a level 6 fetac.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 alfstewart

You'd be best off either doing the UL accredited fitness instructor qualification (ncehf) or the ntc one rather than fetac level6. You can take the UL accredited one right to ordinary degree level now part time. But with the ntc it qualifies you as a personal trainer as well as fitness instructor in one go. FETAC level6 in this area isnt worth anything much in the industry as its only there a year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭alan27

I did the FETAC Level 5 in sport and rec last year, along with the NCEF Level 1. The coirse offers two seperate qualifications in the same course. You save alot of money by doing the NCEF with FETAC. I saved like €1,000, because you do the NCEF as a conversion course as FETAC prepares you for the NCEF.

If you want to progress to a third level you will be able through your FETAC results. If you want to progress to a shorter personal training course you can aswell once you pass your NCEF and then you can research which personal training course looks the best.

Advertisement