Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HARRP Effecting Weather possible?

Options
  • 29-08-2011 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭

High Frequency Active Aurora Research Project Seems to be getting alot of attention lately,

For anyone that doesnt know what its all about watch this video. :)

I think its very believable , but by what amount i couldnt really say its major.

Whats your opinion?

And this video to of some a weird man made looking sun dog...
    ( notice flash in sky at 29 seconds)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Moved to CT. Not a judgement of the op, op, but just not suited to a sci forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Obelisk

This technology could be used worldwide to implement an apocalypse (2012) type scenario, or to @ least convince the public of such. That's my opinion, interesting topic thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

There simply is no plausible mechanism for HAARP to possibly effect the weather, or cause earthquakes or project holograms or cause rainbows in people's sprinklers.

What exactly makes in believable, op?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Not to do with HAARP but the Chinese regularily used artillery to fire shells up and "seed" clouds to dump the rain before they reached the Olympic venue

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Cut and pasted from another thread -
    The patent for this type of ionospheric heater, filed in 1987; mentions weather modification by means of lensing.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4686605.html
    Weather modification is possible by, for example, altering upper atmosphere wind patterns or altering solar absorption patterns by constructing one or more plumes of atmospheric particles which will act as a lens or focusing device. Also as alluded to earlier, molecular modifications of the atmosphere can take place so that positive environmental effects can be achieved. Besides actually changing the molecular composition of an atmospheric region, a particular molecule or molecules can be chosen for increased presence. For example, ozone, nitrogen, etc. concentrations in the atmosphere could be artificially increased.

• Advertisement

Cut and pasted from another thread -
    This patent requires an array orders of magnitude larger than HAARP is with a different type of transmitter operating at higher power and at a different range.
    And even then there's nothing to show that such a thing would even work.

Haarp cannot do anything claimed in the patent due to it's lack of power, range, range of frequencies and lack of the ability to aim.

And of course the existence of the patent begs the question why it is freely available to the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

King Mob wrote: »
    This patent requires an array orders of magnitude larger than HAARP is with a different type of transmitter operating at higher power and at a different range.
    And even then there's nothing to show that such a thing would even work.

Haarp cannot do anything claimed in the patent due to it's lack of power, range, range of frequencies and lack of the ability to aim.

And of course the existence of the patent begs the question why it is freely available to the public.

Yeah, fair enough. HAARP isn't large enough to produce any noticeable effect. The technology it incorporates could potentially be used to manipulate weather systems though. The patent I mentioned isn't for HAARP anyway, well not specifically, but it's one of 3 by Bernard Eastlund which led to the development of HAARP.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,139 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I blame the budweiser ice cold people... obviously cooling down the weather some how so they don't had to give out free beer

The technology it incorporates could potentially be used to manipulate weather systems though.
    In the same way the technology incorporated in the Apollo rockets could potentially be used to move the planet Earth.

The patent is talking about using the technology on a massive scale, which potentially might not work in the first place.
    The patent I mentioned isn't for HAARP anyway, well not specifically, but it's one of 3 by Bernard Eastlund which led to the development of HAARP.
    That's not quite true either.
    As Bernard Eastlund had nothing to do with the HAARP project and none of his patents lead to anything to do with HAARP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

In the same way the technology incorporated in the Apollo rockets could potentially be used to move the planet Earth.

Parts of physics were left out , a hundred or so years ago , so you don't know half as much as you think you do .
    They are using scalar waves .

• Advertisement

espinolman wrote: »
    Parts of physics were left out , a hundred or so years ago , so you don't know half as much as you think you do .
    So then how do you know about these missing parts of physics?
    So what are scalar waves, how does HAARP make them and how do they cause any of the nonsense you thing they can?

But for those interested in reality there is no such thing as "scalar waves".
    It's just technobabble invented to sell books about HAARP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

But for those interested in reality there is no such thing as "scalar waves".
    It's just technobabble invented to sell books about HAARP.

Yeah , no such thing , move along , move along , nothing to see here . :cool:

Yeah , no such thing , move along , move along , nothing to see here . :cool:
    I asked you to explain you claim and back it up. You didn't.
    If I'm wrong, show me how I'm wrong.
    Otherwise it looks exactly like you're dreaming it up (or more likely simply regurgitating nonsense that you've bought into uncritically.)

But you're not going to explain or engage in discussion, cause that would require you to know what you're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Kinger83

Interesting article, albeit 8 years old now, which purports to describe HAARP's purpose, and possible implication in the Columbia shuttle disaster..

http://www.phils.com.au/haarp.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

I have to say Espinolman, that's one of you funniest posts yet! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Sparticle

HARRP created the universe.

It's obvious isn't it?

-The universe exists.
    -HARRP also exists.
    -I don't understand what HARRP does but it looks cool and uses lots of WATTS.
    -It's unguarded, the perfect camouflage.
    -Conventional physics is a lie because I say so.
    -People don't know how the universe came into being.

Therefore HARRP created the universe. It's perfectly logical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

HARRP was invented by pirates. The clue is in the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Whats it for then?

Torakx wrote: »
    Whats it for then?

Studying the Ionsphere and how radio waves travel through it, most directly for the purpose of developing radio technology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Torakx wrote: »
    Whats it for then?

Their tireless research into why the rum is always gone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement