Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse Question

Options
  • 29-08-2011 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi Guys I just got offered a bedding for my stables. It is a mixture of woodchip and shredded paper. It is meant to be comfortable form the horse but yet have good soakage as of the shredded paper. It also holds well together because of the woodchip and it is dust free. What do you guys think ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Sounds alright. I just don't like using paper because I find it's annoying to muck out. We just use shavings.

Let us know how it's suiting you though :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Woodchip works well for me on its own, I have seen that mix before but never used it

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭twomeys

Id be interested in hearing how it turns out too. Pics would be even better!! I prefer sawdust and my other half prefers straw but Ive found the key to a good bed is the surface and drainage. Our stables were built on concrete with a fall but no drainage and its a disaster. Im tempted to did up all the concrete and put down hardcore and pee gravel. Then put very deep sawdust down.

Only one problem, getting time!!!

Eoghan

Advertisement