Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying Abroad U-Cal

Options
  • 29-08-2011 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

hey I'm considering studying abroad for academic year 2012-2013. In particular I was looking at University of California. I was wondering whether anyone had done a year or semester on one of their campuses? and if so is the academic standard much different to what it is at irish universities (i'm studying physics) Also any good or bad things people have heard about it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I have a friend who did his year abroad at UC Irvine and loved every single second of it. He was an IT student and didn't find the work any harder, just different with the way it was examined (i.e. you were tested regularly rather than just have a project & finals). I can ask more specific questions if you want, just let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rooneysdaman

I've studied in the US (although not in CA) and here in Ireland and I agree with above poster. There is very little difference in the standard but the US is big on continuous assessment. Good luck! I would KILL to spend a semester in Cali!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭bbuzz

No one ever calls it U-Cal

UC

I was in Berkeley, it was a great year but a bitch to get accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

bbuzz wrote: »
    No one ever calls it U-Cal

UC

I was in Berkeley, it was a great year but a bitch to get accepted.

im in a similar situation myself. why do you think you were able to make the cut?

Advertisement