Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RHCP new guitarist

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Not me anyway...
    7278_JOHN_FRUSCIANTE.jpg

josh_klinghoffer_musicares_may_7th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I just think that he should have been let play more on their new album, then it may not have been as dull an affair as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 feargal05

wait sorry I made quite a stupid mistake. I was watchin one of their videos from the Stadium Arcadium era that i had never seen/heard of and thought it was a new one. I was looking at John thinking he was Josh..........silly me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

feargal05 wrote: »
    wait sorry I made quite a stupid mistake. I was watchin one of their videos from the Stadium Arcadium era that i had never seen/heard of and thought it was a new one. I was looking at John thinking he was Josh..........silly me!

I didn't even know they had a new guitarist, but then again, I'm not a fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I saw this headline and it made me laugh.

http://www.nme.com/news/red-hot-chili-peppers/58929

I've listened to the new album a number of times and it sounds pretty much like all the albums with JF on them (ok, there's a bit of piano)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Blood Sugar Sex Magick was their best album, I still give it a spin now and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

I saw this headline and it made me laugh.

http://www.nme.com/news/red-hot-chili-peppers/58929

I've listened to the new album a number of times and it sounds pretty much like all the albums with JF on them (ok, there's a bit of piano)

It sounds nothing like the albums with John. There isnt a single solo and the guitar is pretty quiet in it.

Also John did more than play guitar on the albums. Especially By The way where he did all the keyboards and synths.

Also John has an incredible voice and his hamronies added so much.

The band sound totally different and the songs and weak.

John was the main songwriter as well so I am not surprised the new album is average.

Advertisement