Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waitlist..

Options
  • 29-08-2011 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

How many more people does anyone reckon they will accept off the waitlist?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 eakj

I read somewhere that they had 2700 places to give out. However I have no idea by what criteria they move people down the list.
    I was 2500 and didn't get in (unlike some others around the same rank) but someone who was 2800 got in on thursday.
    I wouldn't bet on your still getting in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Ackc

but what are you now? have you not checked the waitlist since? because im after going down to 130 now.

I was under 200 all weekend and now I'm at 202 again. I just don't understand how it's possible to go up on the list again...baffles me

yeh i dont get that either i was 128 now im like 136

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ZYXWVUTS

I'm sitting at 38.
    Is it because somebody has just accepted an offer of a place in UCD and because they were above you in the original list, they just automatically go above you in the current list?

• Advertisement

i actually have no idea, do you think they will send out much more offers?

I hope so - I'd much prefer spending first year on campus than off.

I just wonder how many Dublin based students will be staying in campus accommodation? and probably going "home" at weekends!

I don't reckon they will. actually I'm kind of pissed, I had hoped international students might get in with some sort of priority but apparently not. I'm guessing they've pretty much filled all the places by now

Students can opt to join the waiting list and will be offered accommodation on a first come first serve basis as it becomes available. We anticipate that there will be additional availability for CAO students in Aug once the CAO offers are released. [FONT=times new roman,times,serif]As the waiting list is open to all CAO students it is our experience that even students with a ranking of over 3,000 on the list can get an offer of accommodation. [/FONT] [FONT=times new roman,times,serif]In our experience rooms continue to come available into September. The waiting list will be automated and will offer rooms that come available to students based on their ranking. There will be a window in which students will be able to log on, accept their offer and choose their room. [/FONT]For those who are unsuccessful we have an accommodation office to assit you in your search.
    (http://www.ucd.ie/residences/studentpages/faq/#1)

my mam rang ucd accomodation office there a minute ago because she is freaking out that i wont find anywhere and stuff, just being overboard about it, but the residences said that they are sending more offers past 4 today so i would say that your number 38 will get it :) dont know about my number 136 though.

• Advertisement

Well that's some good news - at least some more folks might get on campus. If we're left at the end how about getting together and finding some place?

Put up the Dublin thing cos in UL I know people living local who went into the student villages for first year. Don't reckon Dublin will be any different from Limerick in that respect.

Agree with you - international students should get preference, followed by those who live more that NN miles away. If there's anything left after that then give it to those within commuting distance ie less than NN miles away.

yeh i might have a place if i don't get it but the chances are there may be a free room, so ill keep you in mind if there is, keep looking on here at your pm's incase :)

Will do

Good Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I just jumped about 20+ odd places to 136. Still hope !

SDTimeout wrote: »
    I just jumped about 20+ odd places to 136. Still hope !

I'm at 176 now. tell me if you get the email yeah?
    otherwise, would you want to share a place?

yeh i am 109 now. id say that those are the last few places gn nw.

Just got into Belgrove - there were a few shared rooms left in Belgrove plus some places in Blackrock and Muckross (catered).

Parents are more relaxed now.

lucky, im like at 104 now. so im very doubtful. oh well sure. ff campus itll have to be

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭doctorg

Does anyone know where muckross is? There is no link on the residence page.

as of today, the 31st, i am number 43...what are the chances do yas think?

• Advertisement
Advertisement