Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CBR600F Sport Insurance

Options
  • 29-08-2011 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Well lads,

Im havin a spot of bother trying to get a quote from Quinn on the above bike.

Im 23, with a years no claims bonus and a full licence.

As i expected she told me i need to be over 25:rolleyes:

However, she then tells me she will need to see the restriction cert before she can even quote me, which doesnt make sense as Im obviously ringing up to enquire about how much extra the insurance will be on said bike before I buy it!!:rolleyes:

Would it help my case if I got an assessment done?

I have the car insured with them as well if it would make any difference.

Surely there must be some way to get a quote off them without having to wait the 2 years...any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭jag con

Ring AON insurance they will quote you

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭sleepysniper

jag con wrote: »
    Ring AON insurance they will quote you

I rang them at renewal time for the Bandit and they quoted me €1200 and only if I got an assement done too!:eek: And that included having a car with Axa discount too! Whereas Quinn's renewal came in at €520 for the Bandit!

I didnt bother to get a quote from Aon for the CBR because Id imagine it would be an outragous figure anyway!

Thats why I was hoping to stay with Quinn for the CBR...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Your in a high risk category, you should consider buying a low risk bike until you have the a couple of years worth of NCB. Your going to get murdered on insurance otherwise.

So I take it the reasoning behind them asking for the Cert before they'll even quote you is to use as an excuse to not quote you at all!

But even if I had a cert, they can still use there over 25 rule:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

You can force them to insure you, but you can't dictate the price. I'd say around 1800 to 2500 when you finally get a quote?

Is it worth it for a bike you can buy in two years with no hassle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

The quickest option for getting a quote with quinn is to have the restriction cert in hand with all your other paperwork and walk into one of there offices, alot of lads who had the same trouble you are having got quoted by walking in talking to them, they even got reasonable quotes from what i remember.

as said above they do have to give you a quote and if they refuse you ask them for a letter of refusal.

best of luck

inchiuvatu wrote: »
    The quickest option for getting a quote with quinn is to have the restriction cert in hand with all your other paperwork and walk into one of there offices, alot of lads who had the same trouble you are having got quoted by walking in talking to them, they even got reasonable quotes from what i remember.

as said above they do have to give you a quote and if they refuse you ask them for a letter of refusal.

best of luck

Yeah Ive heard that before alright there easier to deal with face to face. However to have the restriction cert in hand I will have to buy the bike first, and then taking a chance that the insurance wont be ridiculously high! There doesnt seem to be any other option really other than that or wait til Im 25.

Why cant they just quote me first without having to buy the bike!?:confused:

Even an estimate of what it would cost would be far more convenient than having to source a restriction cert so they can quote me!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

i had the same arguement with them once getting quotes for when i bought my cbr600f "we cant quote you without the cert" i told them i needed the quote to figure out if it was worth my while getting the bike and i did eventually get the quote. but im 27 so i only had to fight one battle with them.

Advertisement