Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New GPS

Options
  • 29-08-2011 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭

Hey all. I want to get my dad a new GPS but I just want to know how new would the maps be on the units? Would they have all the new motorways that have been built in the last few years and stuff like that?

Also if you have any recommendations for a GPS it would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

Most of them give you a free update to get all the latest maps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Most of them give you a free update to get all the latest maps

Ya but how up to date are them maps? Im asking cause someone I know bought a sat nav recently and they told me there was still alot of new roads missing from the newest maps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

jonny666 wrote: »
    Ya but how up to date are them maps? Im asking cause someone I know bought a sat nav recently and they told me there was still alot of new roads missing from the newest maps

Only the manufacturer can tell ya that info

Only the manufacturer can tell ya that info

Fair enough so.

Has anyone bought a sat nav recently that could tell me how up to date the maps are?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Garmin and TomTom update their maps every 3 months.
    If your looking for certain roads or areas I can check TomToms latest maps for you

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    Garmin and TomTom update their maps every 3 months.
    If your looking for certain roads or areas I can check TomToms latest maps for you

Cool thanks. Im from Clare and its roads like the Limerick tunnel and the gort bypass. Also the motorway network from limerick to Dublin

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Can you give me actual Road allocations & intersections & Ill put up some screen shots.

Can you give me actual Road allocations & intersections & Ill put up some screen shots.

ok will do. Gimme a few min til I find them.

Thanks

Limerick South Ring Road E20

The M7 motorway from Limerick to Dublin

N18 Gort bypass. Not sure about this one

Thanks

Limerick South Ring Road E20
    N18E20.jpg

N18E20a.jpg

The M7 motorway from Limerick to Dublin
    M7.jpg
    N18 Gort bypass.

M18.jpg

All these are from TomToms latest release Map Europe v875.3611

• Advertisement

Map Europe v875.3611[/I][/B]

Excellent. So as long as the maps are at least that version I should be ok. Thanks very much Kool!!

They are the latest maps. They would probably not be on a device off the shelf. But TomToms latest map guarantee will always let you download the latest map.

Advertisement