Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jem

Options
  • 29-08-2011 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭

www.pearljemofficial.com

If anyone is interested in seeing tribute acts of their favourite band(s), this is one that you need to check out. I was lucky enough to see them in the Academy in Dublin last night. They played the album "Ten" in its entirety to celebrate the 20th anniversary of its release. There are also loads of video clips of them on Youtube to check out.

Well worth a look.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

They were brilliant last night! Would definitely go see them again! Hope they play Dublin again soon.
    Great performance of Ten, and they play a good few songs from various albums too.
    On stage for 2hours or so, great value

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

They were brilliant last night! Would definitely go see them again! Hope they play Dublin again soon.
    Great performance of Ten, and they play a good few songs from various albums too.

They did actually miss out on one song from Ten last night. They forgot to play "Dirty Frank". :)

EDIT: My mistake: it was a bonus track.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

Why that dirty Frank was a bad mother... Shut your mouth! Hey man, I'm just talking about dirty Frank...............;)

would have been cool if they played even if it is a bonus track

Why that dirty Frank was a bad mother... Shut your mouth! Hey man, I'm just talking about dirty Frank...............;)

would have been cool if they played even if it is a bonus track

I'm glad they didn't. It's a s**t song.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Definitely one of the better tributes out there - I would always make the trip around to see 'em, but I was just back from me holliers yesterday so didn't venture out. I was in London on Saturday and saw a tribute band (Pearl Jammed) play there, and I saw Australian Pearl Jam play in the Button Factory a few weeks ago too - both played the whole of Ten too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 GivenToFly

They did 3 hours in Belfast!!! Unreal show:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 GivenToFly

jenizzle wrote: »
    Definitely one of the better tributes out there - I would always make the trip around to see 'em, but I was just back from me holliers yesterday so didn't venture out. I was in London on Saturday and saw a tribute band (Pearl Jammed) play there, and I saw Australian Pearl Jam play in the Button Factory a few weeks ago too - both played the whole of Ten too!

I made the mistake of travelling from derry and paying into that Australian Pearl Jam gig. I wish i didnt. Worst gig i was ever at there was no life to them at all. Im totally sold on Pearl Jem though brilliant tribute.:eek:

I remember waiting till the singer opened his mouth and I was like :eek:. He absolutely nails Vedder's voice - which is not an easy thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I find something very weird about tribute acts. I saw the Australian Nirvana a few years back, and they were good, but it was totally too weird to see guys imitating someone else. Each to their own though, can't fault them for musicianship and microscopic attention to detail.......

seachto7 wrote: »
    I find something very weird about tribute acts. I saw the Australian Nirvana a few years back, and they were good, but it was totally too weird to see guys imitating someone else. Each to their own though, can't fault them for musicianship and microscopic attention to detail.......

That's what makes them so good.

• Advertisement

Thanks for starting this thread Mickey. I play in PJem and tried to get one going a few months ago for the current 'tour', it is currently deep in the depths of the 'Gigs and Events' forum! Hope we made it worth the price of admission for everyone on Sunday night, we had a blast on stage. Should keep us all ticking over until the real thing hopefully return to Europe next summer. And 'Dirty Frank' is a s**t PJ song but woulda been an awesome RHCP song:D

stankratz wrote: »
    Thanks for starting this thread Mickey. I play in PJem and tried to get one going a few months ago for the current 'tour', it is currently deep in the depths of the 'Gigs and Events' forum! Hope we made it worth the price of admission for everyone on Sunday night, we had a blast on stage. Should keep us all ticking over until the real thing hopefully return to Europe next summer. And 'Dirty Frank' is a s**t PJ song but woulda been an awesome RHCP song:D

Which one of the guys are you?

I'm Chris, I play guitar and keys when I'm not going apesh1t to the songs!

I'm Chris, I play guitar and keys when I'm not going apesh1t to the songs!

LOL you're the newish guy then!!! The bald guy in your band is a f***in incredible guitarist.

Yeah I joined the band in early 2008, delighted I was! Anders is some guitar player indeed, and a serious showman as well, he's our very own Mad McCready! The guy standing beside me playing the Les Paul only joined the band before this current run of gigs, a young man by the name of Robbie Fitzgerald, if you are a fan of guitar music (which you obviously are Mickey) you'd wanna see Robbie play when he's let off the leash and not restricted to the Stone Gossard role, ah man he makes me wanna burn my guitars!! :D

Yeah I joined the band in early 2008, delighted I was! Anders is some guitar player indeed, and a serious showman as well, he's our very own Mad McCready! The guy standing beside me playing the Les Paul only joined the band before this current run of gigs, a young man by the name of Robbie Fitzgerald, if you are a fan of guitar music (which you obviously are Mickey) you'd wanna see Robbie play when he's let off the leash and not restricted to the Stone Gossard role, ah man he makes me wanna burn my guitars!! :D

LOL:D

Advertisement