Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oscail DCU BA History and English ????

Options
  • 28-08-2011 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Oscail DCU BA History and English ????

I am currently thinking of doing this course with DCU.

I am a qualified teacher with a BA from 2007 but I feel my current subject is not enough to get me into a job as I think I am limited with only one subject. Therefore I would like to add more subjects to my qualifications.

This course seems to sound ok (i think) as it is do it in your own time. I was wondering would anyone have any insight on the course.

Only thing putting me off is the cost as they say its 800ish per module and there is a total of 12 modules to reach degree level.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dazzeremo

as far as i know from my correspondence with DCU, if you only wanted one subject (history for example), you only need five modules. still expensive though, i know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Raggy Anne

Hi,
    Just new to this and don't really know how it works so am sorry for butting in on your thread. But I have a quest if someone can help me. I am interested in doin a BA in History and was told that it is actually an ART degree can someone confirm this as I think they are tryin to pull the wool over my eyes..:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭01mirelly

Raggy Anne wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just new to this and don't really know how it works so am sorry for butting in on your thread. But I have a quest if someone can help me. I am interested in doin a BA in History and was told that it is actually an ART degree can someone confirm this as I think they are tryin to pull the wool over my eyes..:eek:

Not ART (as in Fine Art) degree.

Its are Arts Degree- Humanities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Raggy Anne

Actually they proposed to me to do an BA in Art thinking it would be better but I actually just want to do a History degree.
    Thanks anyway :)

Advertisement