Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop fan running constantley

Options
  • 28-08-2011 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

My laptop fan is running constantely and is eating my battery.
    I have a Dell Inspiron 1525,
    I recently got a copy of Windows 7 and have it installed and i am happy with the speed of it,
    I have a system monitor on and the heat of the CPU is normally at 80 to 95 degrees, the laptop feels very hot, it's sitting on a desk so is getting air into the fan,
    Does windows 7 change settings when you change from Vista?

Any help would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

clear the air vents out with compressed air

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭biffontour

air vents are fine, i took some off and there all fine, I didn't open where the fan is to see if there is any dust in there, it's just it happened as soon as W7 was installed

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

have you installed all chipset drivers / checked on dell website ?

for some Dell's BIOS upgrades can change fan behaviour
    in some cases they just make the fan run faster to prevent thermal problems

have you installed all chipset drivers / checked on dell website ?

for some Dell's BIOS upgrades can change fan behaviour
    in some cases they just make the fan run faster to prevent thermal problems

How would i go about doing that? any links you could pass on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

This happens to my hp laptop when i switch the power plan to high performance. Have you tried changing the power plan??

• Advertisement

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    This happens to my hp laptop when i switch the power plan to high performance. Have you tried changing the power plan??

Yeah i've tried this already, tried going into power management n everything but doesn't seem to work,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

biffontour wrote: »
    How would i go about doing that? any links you could pass on?

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=ie&cs=iedhs1&l=en&s=dhs

and enter your service tag.

BIOS update may make a difference.

Advertisement