Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft

Options
  • 28-08-2011 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Got an e-mail a few days ago saying they were open for app's now but you have to tell them why they should pick you! what the hell?!? i have no clue what to say. I have this cheesy, horrible letter written out so far but dont know what to write.
    HELP!
    :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Tell them you are inspired by their anti-competitive practices and want to learn how to be so yourself :p
    Eh actually just list your abilities and stuff, any achievements. What bit are you looking to work in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Just tell them about your passion for whatever you want to do in microsoft there not going to be expecting you to know everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭omg a kitty

Whats the e-mail you contacted them in???
    Really need help :eek:
    I emailed them at infoire@microsoft.com and called their HR Manager and Director, they didnt pick up but I left a message but no reply!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭P H A 7V T O M

Tell them you are a Windows and Xbox fanboy, of course!

A friend of mine is doing W.E. with them, he just plans to turn up :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I did work experience last year at MS and had a great time. They have a specific program set out for TY students.

I have to mention the food at the canteen. Its was so nice :D:D:D

2 weeks after I left a message on their HR Manager's answering machine and now she decides to call back :p, Closing date for applications is the 16th and they need a letter explaining why you want to do Work Exp there, like the e mail s3058 got.
    Ugh I wish she had called back sooner :mad:

Anyone get a reply? They were supposed to sent out the first offers today
    I got nothing :(, neither did my friend

Here, you could try another software company sure!

Here, you could try another software company sure!
    Will have to, but if someone turns down the week theyre given at MS, theyll give it to the next person so theres still a chance

• Advertisement

Will have to, but if someone turns down the week theyre given at MS, theyll give it to the next person so theres still a chance

It'd only be for a week anyway :p You'll hardly get a look at the source code

It'd only be for a week anyway :p You'll hardly get a look at the source code
    never mind, I got this at 9:11PM last night

Congratulations!

You have been selected to participate in our TY Program at Microsoft this year.
    We will be in touch later this week with more information about what you need to bring and which week has been assigned to you.
    Just a reminder that we cannot guarantee to match dates to your official work experience weeks as most schools want similar times.
    Those successful in their application must take their assigned week or it will be given to the next in line on a waiting list.

Many thanks for your application.
    Kind regards,
    TY Team typrog@microsoft.com
    :D:D:D

Gratz!! Rob everything you can :p:p

Gratz!! Rob everything you can :p:p

Haha thanks will do ;) theres still a problem cos If I get it the same week Im doing the Air Corps Transition Year programme...Im screwed

Advertisement