Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei B260a Unlocking Service?

Options
  • 27-08-2011 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭

Any one know where you could unlock a Huawei B260a Modem to be used with any sim?

Im not even sure how to test if its unlocked before i go trying anything out or signing anything.

When i tried my meteor sim in it. I couldnt connect to the internet.

Any help appreciated.

Based around Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭irishshadowfax

I'm in the same situation, did you get any help? Thanks, IS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

No. I found it was unlocked already. All i needed to do was change the settings to meteor.

Which turns out isnt as simple as it could be :) but got it done :)

Thanks... How did you manange to do that? When i put my o2 sim into the 3 modem it shows up as a dial up ocnnection and I can't change its properties to WLAN?

Thanks... How did you manange to do that? When i put my o2 sim into the 3 modem it shows up as a dial up ocnnection and I can't change its properties to WLAN?

Its not in WLAN Settings its in Profile Settings. If you go into the APN Settings and just start typing over the existing settings you can make a new profile APN.

Just tinker around with it.

It took me ages to figure out how to change the APN.

I found out that my old Huawei E580 was unlcoked. As well as the new B260a. All you need for the new profile is the dial up number and the apn.

If you email O2 Customer Care you might be able to get it off them manually.

Just dont say you have a B260a. Tell them you have a normal E5 Hotshot. As they will try to prove ya that B260a is not supported by them. Even though they need the exact same settings for internet.

I had to do the same with Meteor.

Will do, thanks again e!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Yeah you need to make a new profile for the meteor settings I believe, I have not done it myself but I will once my three subscription expires, meteor get's better and more consistant speeds for my where I'm at so gonna swap over in a few months

only thing that bothers me is meteors limits... 30gb for 18 month contract sucks compared to 3 doing the same thing 12 months and 60gb

+ you can't check your meteor data balance without taking the sim out and texting the sim... pretty big flaw on meteors part... not letting you check your balance online

-=al=- wrote: »
    Yeah you need to make a new profile for the meteor settings I believe, I have not done it myself but I will once my three subscription expires, meteor get's better and more consistant speeds for my where I'm at so gonna swap over in a few months

only thing that bothers me is meteors limits... 30gb for 18 month contract sucks compared to 3 doing the same thing 12 months and 60gb

+ you can't check your meteor data balance without taking the sim out and texting the sim... pretty big flaw on meteors part... not letting you check your balance online

It is a big flaw. But won't be too bothered with what my mother needs it for :)

At least I'll be able to go on YouTube on the weekends

ah yeah should be grand for the occasional use, just annoying if you wanna check the balance if there was some downloading going on!

meteor uped they're mobile internet payg plan last week to 1gb instead of 250mb... hopefully they will give their broadband plans a bit of an upgrade soon!

-=al=- wrote: »
    ah yeah should be grand for the occasional use, just annoying if you wanna check the balance if there was some downloading going on!

meteor uped they're mobile internet payg plan last week to 1gb instead of 250mb... hopefully they will give their broadband plans a bit of an upgrade soon!

Can you not log into mymeteor?

I get info for bill pay on how much data i used. I pressume it would be the same for bill pay broadband

There is data usage on mymeteor for every couple of minutes! and no total :| don't fancy adding up a gazillion kb once a month!

That is on payg day pass though through a simple dongle... I switched it on yesterday to do a couple of comparison tests with 3... meteor wins every time for me here

Meteor: 28209512292.jpg

Three: 28209593533.png

So, is the data usage page any different on bill pay for meteor broadband!?

• Advertisement

Not sure for Bill Pay MBB

But this what they give me on the phone :)

metz.png

capturewc.png
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

this is what it looks like on mobile broadband on bill pay when you log in

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

In the Profile settings, has Profile list '3ROI'
    Profile name '3ROI'
    Dial up number '*99#'
    PPP user & password are blank,
    APN static is on Static & '3internet'
    IP address blank

If I follow correctly, if I get from Meteor a profile name, dial up number, APN name - put the meteor sim into modem & way we go - can start using Meteor on the b260a?
    Is that it, or am I missing anything else?

In the Profile settings, has Profile list '3ROI'
    Profile name '3ROI'
    Dial up number '*99#'
    PPP user & password are blank,
    APN static is on Static & '3internet'
    IP address blank

If I follow correctly, if I get from Meteor a profile name, dial up number, APN name - put the meteor sim into modem & way we go - can start using Meteor on the b260a?
    Is that it, or am I missing anything else?

That's it

All you have to do is make a new profile for the meteor sim and have the appropriate settings

30313483719.png

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

Thanks, thats great, totally fed up of 3, their service is way over subscribed in my area & fed up of their excuses. Can get meteor on 30 day sim only so can try them without getting tied to 12 or 18 month contract.

Yep, that's what I done. Meteor worked the best for my location so stuck with them

You can try out all the networks and see which is best suited just by changing the profile details

30316062351.png

There's my current plan for €25 and usually on 24/7

Ping's usually 40-60ms 3-4 download and 1.5-3 upload

2275254370.png

Try and find what network's the best and go for their best plan if there is no alternative!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Gate Automation

If anyone have lock huawei b260a i can help. PM me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pow230

If anyone have lock huawei b260a i can help. PM me please.

Hi Gate, I know I'm 2 years late to this party but is the offer still there?

Advertisement