Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trainee Pen Tester

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Well I'm currently not seeking employment but did this anyway. Got a reference number with a phone, but I cannot see why they use this as a method for filtering. None of it was accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭jakedixon2004

Ya, a monkey could have completed this test.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,327 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i maybe pissed but the only thing i could click on was the hint or am i missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

The test page has the below:
    This test does not permit you to use automated or exploitation tools such as Nessus, nMap, Metasploit, etc ..... 

Do you think they mean you can't use stuff like Tamper Data, Burp or Hamster & Ferret ?

Edit:

It also seems that Tony McDowell { Managing Director - http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/tony-mcdowell/6/55a/458 } printed the docutment from a Toshiba {laptop ?} on 07/04/2008 14:57 and this is rev 3 of the Doc.

But I do like the edut time of 01/01/1601 01:18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

They don't set-up a realistic scenario at all.

Clicking the hints will point you where to go. But like I said, its not realistic. They should look at some of the challenges here :-P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

"You 20 minutes to complete this test"

It took my distracted, sleep deprived head to manage it in about 4.

Also 15-25k for a trainee Pen tester? Seems really low to me. If you did freelance work you could double that in a very short space of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

syklops wrote: »
    "You 20 minutes to complete this test"

It took my distracted, sleep deprived head to manage it in about 4.

Yeah, I took 3 or 4 minutes, thought it was going to have several stages and I had wasted too much time to get it finished, I actually lolled when that's all I needed to do.

Also, just went back to check what the hints are... They tell you exactly what to do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Skerries wrote: »
    i maybe pissed but the only thing i could click on was the hint or am i missing something?

Think outside the box, and re-read the clues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭fergalr

In fairness, you just instantly read the 3 clues, and then hit google for the hash; the whole thing should take well under a minute.

I don't think thats a very discriminating test.

They are probably just trying to remove people that know absolutely nothing about computers, or have only a very basic user level of knowledge, to save themselves CV reading time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Because we are a CESG CHECK company and you will be required to get security clearance you must have held a British Passport for at least 5 years.
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement