Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help, Fast, Re:GRANTS

Options
  • 26-08-2011 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

OK, here's the thing.
    My mum got remarried in 2011, but in 2010 her boyfriend only supported us, we had no otherwise income. If we bring his 2010 P60 to the Grants Office, will that be enough? We don't have anything else.
    He is a stepdad to me, so does he qualify as my "cohabitant"?
    He lives with us now.

I am really really in need of some help! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭heathcliff

sanonuca wrote: »
    OK, here's the thing.
    My mum got remarried in 2011, but in 2010 her boyfriend only supported us, we had no otherwise income. If we bring his 2010 P60 to the Grants Office, will that be enough? We don't have anything else.
    He is a stepdad to me, so does he qualify as my "cohabitant"?
    He lives with us now.

I am really really in need of some help! :confused:

Firstly I would say that your Step dad is not your "cohabitant"???, I presume that you are applying as a "student dependant on parent(s)/ legal guardian(s)". From reading the guide notes I would presume your mum has to sign it as your parent and declare that she had no income for 2010. I would also get your step dad to fill out the income section and put a note in the
    additional notes section to the grant office (if he is not your legal guardian)and if they have any queries then they can contact you...Not an expert on this but this would be what I would do.

H

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sanonuca

heathcliff wrote: »
    Firstly I would say that your Step dad is not your "cohabitant"???, I presume that you are applying as a "student dependant on parent(s)/ legal guardian(s)". From reading the guide notes I would presume your mum has to sign it as your parent and declare that she had no income for 2010. I would also get your step dad to fill out the income section and put a note in the
    additional notes section to the grant office (if he is not your legal guardian)and if they have any queries then they can contact you...Not an expert on this but this would be what I would do.

H

Thanks a lot! Helped!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭p28559

step parents income is not considered as reckonable income.

you should send in the detail so they can see the household income.

worst case might be that any funds given to your mum by your stepdad would be considered her income

Advertisement