Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

snowdonia

Options
  • 26-08-2011 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

hey there

i have relatives in wales and was recently invited by one of my cousins , despite it being so close , ive never actually been to wales , anyway , part of the plan is to visit snowdonia , my relatives claim its the welsh version of the lakes district , ive been to the lake district and love it and truth be told , was planning to go back again this year , was wondering if anyone has been to both snowdonia and the lakes district and how they compare

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 qambathilodge

i didnt even know a place called snowdonia existed lol, let us know how your trip went?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

i didnt even know a place called snowdonia existed lol, let us know how your trip went?

didnt go in the end as the weather was crap for the 1st three weeks of september and i then decided it was too late :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭mattser

Hi there Bob. I've walked extensively in the National Parks of the U.K. Snowdon is lovely mountain with number of challenging ascents. However I always find Welsh towns a bit drab.
    Lake District is far and away my favourite place in the U.K. Wordsworth country around Grasmere is a beautiful place. The nearby towns of Ambleside and Windemere are 2 beauties in the old english sense, with good shopping, accommodation, and eating places. And the walking, whether a lakeside stroll or mountain climb, is heavenly.
    Right now is a great time to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

mattser wrote: »
    Hi there Bob. I've walked extensively in the National Parks of the U.K. Snowdon is lovely mountain with number of challenging ascents. However I always find Welsh towns a bit drab.
    Lake District is far and away my favourite place in the U.K. Wordsworth country around Grasmere is a beautiful place. The nearby towns of Ambleside and Windemere are 2 beauties in the old english sense, with good shopping, accommodation, and eating places. And the walking, whether a lakeside stroll or mountain climb, is heavenly.
    Right now is a great time to be there.

what is the best way to get to grasmere from ireland? fly to where , get a train , bus??

Advertisement