Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat Leaving Cert Rathmines College?

Options
  • 26-08-2011 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi all :)

So I have an interview for Rathmines on Mondays to repeat the Leaving, fingers crossed that I get in :o Anyways my question is has anyone gone here before and could you tell me if I do get in when does the actual course start?

If anyone has any information it would be much appreciated thanks!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SlyBacon93

I'm repeating in Rathmines as well.I have my interview on Wednesday,I fairly sure we start during the second week of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Studunne

Hi there :)

I went to Rathmines Last year to repeat, Just feel free to ask any other Questions

As for the interview, i remember just talking to one of the teachers for around 15 minutes about how my grades will improve this year and what i aim to do . It was nothing major. I would snap up the opportunity to enroll straight away as places are limited !!

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

My interview is Wednesday too.

I plan to repeat, however, only if I don't get my first choice in Round Two on Thursday. Should I call them and explain or just go for the interview anyway...?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

had great craic doing my LC here. Too much craic if you saw my results..

<childish remark edited>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I think my interviews on thursday had to change it from monday have to wait for them to call back. I'm not sure whether to go rathmines or plunketts. I have to get 2 buses to get to rathmines and the other I can just walk there.

I've heard Rathmines is really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭CallMeFlo

Studunne wrote: »

I went to Rathmines Last year to repeat, Just feel free to ask any other Questions

As for the interview, i remember just talking to one of the teachers for around 15 minutes about how my grades will improve this year and what i aim to do . It was nothing major. I would snap up the opportunity to enroll straight away as places are limited !!

Oh really? So when do you find out if you get in or not? Is it on the day or do they ring you back? Yeah if I do get in I would be enrolling straight away, it's the only place I want to repeat in because it does all of my subjects and it's close enough to where I live :) Oh and around what date does the term start? Also do you get your timetable and book list and such on the first day?

Sorry about all the questions, I'm just really nervous because I havn't a clue about any of this :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1 r96

Studunne wrote: »

Hi
    I am thinking about repeating at rathmines college.... I wanted to know when do they get the course finished for most subjects? how does the timetable work (is it normal school times or do we have to stay in late for extra study)? how would you recommend the teachers and notes are they exceptionally good? Sorry for all the questions but i am just not sure whether to go to a private school like ashfield college or Rathmines!!
    Thanx :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement