Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drive in Movie (movie junction)

Options
  • 25-08-2011 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭

Was thinking of going to Movie Junction in Carrigtwohill sometime soon.

Whats the general consensus on it ?

it'll definitely be a novelty factor.. but overall.. is it worth the money.. or should i just spend the extra few bob and go to mahon point ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Reviews start around page 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Na go to the movie junction, fine they need to do a few things to it which would be great but it is fun. Sound is perfect and the view. It is just like being at home watching a movie but out...

Mahon Point is pants, there sound is desperate aswell blow the head of you...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭sok2005

Love it! It's great having the ability to chat and discuss the plot during the movie. Although my husband may disagree!

Seriously though, it's not just a novelty, we've been a good few times now and still enjoy it. You can really relax , recline your seat, have a smooch! We've even ordered pizza there once but the car reeked of food afterwards. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Milly33 wrote: »
    Na go to the movie junction, fine they need to do a few things to it which would be great but it is fun. Sound is perfect and the view. It is just like being at home watching a movie but out...

I always thought Mahon was the best cinema by miles...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

gpf101 wrote: »
    it is only thing i see wrong with it is a few of the seats need replacing/relining otherwise i find it great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Milly33 wrote: »

Screens 1 and 13 (IIRC) in MP should be 100% spot on - they were set by the best in the business for the premiere of Wind that Shakes the Barley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

gpf101 wrote: »

Yeah having tried lots of near-Cork cinemas (Midleton, North Gate, Blackpool, Ballincollig etc) I find Mahon the best. Funny smell sometimes in some of the smaller screens but picture and sound quality seems to be far better.

Also no harm that there's a Tesco right around the corner for some cheapy snacks.

Not sure about this drive through thing; maybe if it was a really nice warm evening it'd be nice, but sure it's impossible to predict the weather here more than a few hours ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭scuby

Not sure about this drive through thing; maybe if it was a really nice warm evening it'd be nice, but sure it's impossible to predict the weather here more than a few hours ahead.

you get a mini heater for the car windscreen, to keep it from fogging up, and also there is a cover over the cars so if is rains the windscreen it kept dry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭overthenest

was at the movie junction at the weekend, man it was brill!! such a novel experience but i will defo go again, anyone know how it is doing? its great to have the comfort in your own car, is it long open? cant believe there arent more of them around the country???

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I went to see 21 Jump Street there a few months ago and it was grand, mainly becasue it was a comedy and didnt really rely to much on sound and visual but prior to that, due to going down early, I seen the last 15,20 minutes of the Hunger Games and couldnt make out anything due to the screen and the lighting and the sound level was really poor.

Its a decent novelty but I'd go to the cinema for a better overall experience of a film i really wanted to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

i have serious issues with sound when i decide to pay a visit here

especially with bass, went to project x and it was horrific, tinkered endlessy with sound settings on my radio to no effect

similar problems with prometheus

I remember i was even parked right next to the projector which has the antenna also so i am unsure if its my issue or theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

Definitely worth doing at least once. Picture is not going to be as good as a cinema, sound depends on your radio. Great for a first time cinema experience for children. It was raining the night we were there, felt sorry for the poor divil trying to get some faulty window heaters working.
    Witnessed a car driving off without plugging out the heater with ten feet of cable trailing behind :D. I know you can order a pizza but it's a pity they closed the on site chipper.

Advertisement