Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to start new original band in sth co. dublin

Options
  • 25-08-2011 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey guys,

I'm a singer/songwriter in South Co. Dublin (Dalkey/Glasthule) area looking to start a band. I write my own songs but with the aim to have them played by a band.

I'm looking for guitarist, drummer, bassist, percussionist, backing vocals, mandolin player, banjo player, keyboardist, pianist. Whatever. Really looking for a solid group of people to play with and make great music. Don't really mind what you play, seems more interesting to me that way.

Musically, i'm into everything but the stuff i'm writing at the moment does have a Mumford and Sons/Bon Iver feel to it at the moment (probably because I'm writing a lot on my own.) A good few of the songs have a heavier side to them, like M&S and Bon Iver but this definitely comes from my interest in metal.

I have nothing to sample here as I've not recorded anything but the songs have an acoustic sound to them but definitely will rock with a band behind them, in the way James Vincent McMorrows do.

So if you're interested, PM me and I'll get back to ya and see where things go!

Advertisement