Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'd like to restore the red colour on my boot

• 25-08-2011 6:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,312 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,

Car boot is a bit pinkish. Also had white parts on it, which I got rid of with t-cut, but the rest is still a bit pink. Rest of the car is mainly red (although a bit faded in some parts, and possible pinkish areas forming).

It's an 02 Honda Civic.

IMG_4513_smaller_evensmaller-.jpg

IMG_4515_smaller_evensmaller-.jpg

Now, I'd like to make the entire car the "red" colour, but don't want to shell out hundreds/thousands getting a pro to do it (heck, if I'm paying someone to do it, I'll get it done in metallic black, which would cost more than the car is worth :D). So, I'd prefer to use elbow grease, time, a cloth, and something to get it back to it's original shine.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ants09

first give it a good wash !
    they clay the car ! (i personally use autogym clay)
    then paint renevator or paint restorer
    finally wax and polish her up and she look like new:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

color magic is a great product

fryup wrote: »
    color magic is a great product

I'd sooner use a proper polish followed by a wax than use Colour Magic, CM only lasts a month or so really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,312 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ants09 wrote: »
    I'm lost after the first line :o The clay I'll look into, not sure about the paint restorer, though. Wax and polish... not sure what to use. Should I use a handheld buff machine for the last two?

the_syco wrote: »
    I'm lost after the first line :o The clay I'll look into, not sure about the paint restorer, though. Wax and polish... not sure what to use. Should I use a handheld buff machine for the last two?

hi i use autogym products and with the clay kit you get the paint restorer with it, you have to buy the wax yourself and i use autogym high definition wax also

hi the syco here's a link to a friend who clayed his friends car and the results of it

http://www.e30owners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6946&highlight=feens+cleaning+car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

ants09 wrote: »

Bad combination. If it's Meguairs anyway.

Bad combination. If it's Meguairs anyway.

never used the stuff (Meguairs) on me cars always use autogym :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

AG super resin polish does wonders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭C4Kid

Hal1 wrote: »
    AG super resin polish does wonders.

Savage stuff, hasn't disappointed me yet! I used it on a neighbours car the other day who thought her paint was faded ,(like in the pic) but it turned out it was just some greasy residue. It came off easily and she couldn't believe the results !

Advertisement