Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chain question

Options
  • 25-08-2011 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

I have replaced my chain and used a split link connection, the only problem was the slide on clip broke, is the bike safe to use?
    I have a rivet link which I will get fitted next week but can I ride on it now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭peter bermingham

no dont use it get the revit one put in or get another split link not safe at all

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭djayforza

no dont use it get the revit one put in or get another split link not safe at all
    Oh right, there is a mechanics 3 miles away, could I ride it that far?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 994 Mod ✭✭✭✭LookBehindYou

What type of bike is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

djayforza wrote: »
    I have replaced my chain and used a split link connection, the only problem was the slide on clip broke, is the bike safe to use?
    I have a rivet link which I will get fitted next week but can I ride on it now?

JESUS...:eek:...dont ride that bike without the link properly attached...if that were to come out it could cause damage to yourself ,others or at the least yer bike.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭Wossack

I personally wouldnt even ride it round the corner

can you not fit the rivet link yourself? and then spin to the mechanic to have it doublechecked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

I wouldn't risk it tbh, could do a lot of damage if it comes off

Chains with clip connection are used on some 600 machines for the TT races, bit of silicone put on the clip to save it rattling loose.

Chains with clip connection are used on some 600 machines for the TT races, bit of silicone put on the clip to save it rattling loose.

Thats all good IF you have the clip in place.....which he doesnt...;)

Sids Not wrote: »
    Thats all good IF you have the clip in place.....which he doesnt...;)

I need to go to specsavers :o

I need to go to specsavers :o

No probs mate..............:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

NO!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭djayforza

NO!

Alright cheers fir the feedback,
    How would I go about fitting the rivet link myself then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

chain rivit tools

http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/joekchainbreakingbasics.shtml

or a vice and some luck

Advertisement