Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British friesian sires

Options
  • 25-08-2011 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

A lot of people talking about br fr but not sure if many are using them.
    Can anyone recommend the best br fr straws to use?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

my stock bull is out of tih, think pg had a bull gvv? had a high enough ebi 202 last year as far as i remember he is out of tih

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Pacoa

I found the gvv's usless to hold, bei was much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭mattthetrasher

dovea has a good panel. rip is a great bull across a lot of breeds he is a good one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 cowman

PZI was all the rage this year, straws couldnt be got by the end of May, more likely tactical selling by Dovea than straws running out...they also have a son of CNZ (cameron) who breeds lovely cows, the teat length is a little short is all. This is the link to the cameron son (SGC).http://www.icbf.ie/taurus/bull_search/index.php?ani_id=742830293

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

CNZ did leave lovely cows. If I was still milking I'd be trying out that son of his

if you dont mind a bull not being 100% BF then WLO is a good shout with an EBI of 194 hes a TIH x BCG

BEI is another good one from NCBC

CTZ from ABS I think has an ebi of 200

RVJ from dovea looks good too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 cowman

CNZ did leave lovely cows. If I was still milking I'd be trying out that son of his

if you dont mind a bull not being 100% BF then WLO is a good shout with an EBI of 194 hes a TIH x BCG

BEI is another good one from NCBC

CTZ from ABS I think has an ebi of 200

RVJ from dovea looks good too

Also if trying a crossbred, DEU has lovely cows milking with super solids, be careful though as he can be hard calving, dont use in a heifer or narrow cow...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Dairyman81

I am milking some lovely PZI heifers this Spring and am very happy with them. RVJ is fantastic for maiden heifers - absolutely no calving trouble and great hardy little calves. In terms of genomic test sires I have a few calves on the ground from Kilsunny Nautical 7 (YSK) and they look good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Dairyman81

dovea has a good panel. rip is a great bull across a lot of breeds he is a good one

I have a lovely RIP 2nd calver, very happy with her

Advertisement