Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting engaged

Options
  • 25-08-2011 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi ladies,

I need some help in deciding where to go to get my engagement ring?? We're heading to vegas next month so im thinkin i might hold off til i get out there as ive heard a better deal can be found. Anyone get engaged in vegas??

Any help will be appreciated!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Hi there,

Moved from tLL - this is the home of all queries relating to engagements and weddings...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Wait for vegas

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

Woohoo! vegas

I would just say research jewellers before you go so you know wheres best to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

I bought my ring in vegas and then went back on my stags and my best man bought one too!

I paid i think 5k dollars and got it valued at 8keuro, have a look at the jewellers in planet hollywood( i cant think of the name off hand its in the mall there), you can bargain them down with a bit of negotiation!

Defo well worth it....

O and enjoy vegas do anything to go back even tho only thee 2 mths ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 skinnimini

Thanks a mill guys, done some research and will wait for vegas....cannot wait!!!!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Wipperspammer

Hi Guys,

It’s been some time since this thread was posted to so hoping to leverage off the experiences you guys had in this post.

I’ve heard that the quality of the diamonds on the US are not as good as in Europe. A sweeping statement and probably without any substance but just wanted to have any of you put it to bed or hear any views.

I’ve a few Qs:

1 - Would you be better off (value-wise) buying in Antwerp rather than Vegas?
    2 - How much bargaining power do you have in Vegas? e.g. on a $5k ring how much could you expect discount? 10%?
    3 - They weren’t mentioned but if any of you can recall where you bought in Vegas it would be appreciated.

@ Skinnimini: Did you have success in the end?

Thanks in advance

Advertisement