Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help: Airline cancelling flight

Options
  • 25-08-2011 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi there, I am due to fly from Dublin to Ljubljana leaving Saturday 10th September and returning on Saturday 24th September with Adria Airlines (the Slovenian national carrier).
    By chance, I went into my booking online to make sure all was OK and the return flight is showing as cancelled.
    I have not been contacted by the airline about this. I sent them an email to clarify but as yet have had no reply. Before I call them, I would like to know if I am entitled to be accommodated on a different flight or with another airline. So far the outbound journey looks OK ( even though I have tried to go in and book a seat on this flight which had very few seats booked on it a couple of weeks ago and it is not allowing me to). I know there are some rules relating to compensation but they apply if the flight is less than 2 weeks away. In this case I still have more than 2 weeks to departure ( and 4 weeks to return).
    I have booked and paid for accommodation and car hire so I really want to go ahead with the trip but I would like to know if the airline is obliged to get me to and from my destination without me incurring extra costs.
    Basically, I just want to go ahead with my holiday as planned. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If it's more than two weeks out, all their obliged to do is offer you a flight on another day/time with them or a full refund. That's pretty much it,

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JulietJones

Thanks Buffybot,

I was afraid that they might just want to refund me the inward portion of the flight and prices have gone way up since I booked so I was afraid it wold cost me a fortune to get myself on another flight.

Anyway, I got in touch and they have offered me a return on a different flight going via Frankfurt instead of direct so I have taken that and am happy enough as it's still on the same day.
    So alls well that ends well!!:D

Advertisement