Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2004 Renault Megane Diesel Advice?

Options
  • 25-08-2011 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Chasing a diesel car for a friend of mine and came across an '04 Megane Diesel 1.5 with under 100k miles on it. Second car and seller seems genuine.

Would you recommend these cars/engines?
    What to lokk out for? Known problems?
    Purchase or Avoid?

Work colleague an '03 1.4 petrol and he was plagued with electrical problems...

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Renault=Trouble Stay away from them

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

For the love of God avoid! :)

Too many I know (well 4 people) have pumped 1000's into their cars. Cost a fortune to keep on the road. A Megane = Migraine!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭DarrenCroker

golfbgud wrote: »
    Hi All,

Chasing a diesel car for a friend of mine and came across an '04 Megane Diesel 1.5 with under 100k miles on it. Second car and seller seems genuine.

Would you recommend these cars/engines?
    What to lokk out for? Known problems?
    Purchase or Avoid?

Work colleague an '03 1.4 petrol and he was plagued with electrical problems...

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

I have an 05 megane 1.4 not a bad comfortable car but the window regs are trouble on them. Common on all meganes.

Advertisement