Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Mixing

Options
  • 24-08-2011 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭

A good few users seem to like menthol! Might this be why? :D
    Glucuronidation and oxidative metabolism of nicotine to cotinine are both inhibited by menthol, an additive to mentholated cigarettes, thus increasing the half-life of nicotine in vivo.

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine

I currently have Dekang VG 18mg RY4 (don't like) and Menthol (like). I'm mixing them 50/50 and still getting a menthol taste.

I have ordered 30ml bottles of VG 24mg unflavoured and VG 18mg vanilla. I recently bought a 200ml bottle of VG (aka Glycerol) BP (so safe) in Boots Newry for £1.69 and plan to mix the three in a ratio of 2.5, 1.5, 1 to get (hopefully) a mild vanilla flavour with a strength of just under 18mg, costing me 22c per ml (incl. shipping).

Edit 1: Did a test mix just now RY4/menthol/VG - still tasting mildly of menthol. The VG is pretty viscous (hard to draw into syringe), so I'm thinking of diluting it 50/50 with distilled water. Pure VG has a sweet taste, btw.

Any observations on the above?

Also, where are you home mixers getting your flavours from? I would like to experiment a bit....

Edit 2: From totally Wicked, it seems I can use food grade flavourings, and a few drops of vodka or distilled water as a thinner.

Not your ornery onager

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

Esel wrote: »
    Edit 2: From totally Wicked, it seems I can use food grade flavourings, and a few drops of vodka or distilled water as a thinner.

Most of food grade flavourings are oil based. Flavourings for ejuice must be based on water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Also, where are you home mixers getting your flavours from? I would like to experiment a bit....

Lorann, Bickford, and Flavourwest seem to be the concentrates recommended on various UK sites.
    Available from mist-eliquid (UK), and easy-eliquid (Netherlands).
    Flavourwest would be my recommendation of those three, of the flavours I've tried. Some of the Bickford flavours are very dark and prone to clogging the atty.
    Mist-eliquid also do free worldwide shipping.
    Good service from both companies.

One I've also tried recently is Inawera flavours, based in Poland, they claim their concentrates are specially for vaping.
    No complaints about their flavours, generally - though Dark Fire earned itself the dubious distinction of being the first flavour to ever get poured down the drain after the first taste by the OH.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Noreen1 wrote: »
    .... though Dark Fire earned itself the dubious distinction of being the first flavour to ever get poured down the drain after the first taste by the OH.:D
    Says to use 1-3 drops of Dark Fire - how many did you use? :D

Thanks for all the great info, btw.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

ktala wrote: »
    Found marlboro flavour to be the closest to the 'real thing'.A bit sweet though but i like that.
    of the 3 malb/usa juices iv tryed they all tasted like a fresh packit of marlboro smelt :D with the halo one haveing a woddie/oakish taste and being slightly dryer [think a dry wine as opposed to a wet 1 if that makes scence ?
    A good few users seem to like menthol! Might this be why? :D

I mixed up some DK-tab menthol,some cherry menthol and some vanilla menthol recently and while it did make the DK vapeable :confused: for me im not goin to do it a 2nd time. The other 2 were very nice with the cherry comeing out on top.

I have been thinking of geting some of the Perfumers Apprentice Flavors as i have heared good things about them aswell,as above make shure its not oil based.
    Iv used 20-40%vg as i like the smothness of it compared to pg.
    Vodka will tend to add to the feeling of TH and watch quantities aswell i runed my 1st few attempt at mixing by adding to much vodka [reckless TH] or water and lost the flavor

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

"Quick Reviews - Liquid" was the title of the thread you posted in guys....You are all banned....I mean new thread created :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Says to use 1-3 drops of Dark Fire - how many did you use? :D

Thanks for all the great info, btw.

I used three drops.
    Some people might like Dark Fire, the OH found it too strong. I have to admit, I wasn't too keen on the smell, either - but each to their own taste, and, in fairness, at just over a euro per flavour, it doesn't break the bank if you don't like a couple of flavours.
    I bought a load of flavours, I'll post some reviews when I get some spare time. We're renovating at the moment, so I seem to spend all my time cleaning sawdust, cement - or both!:eek:

Advertisement