Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chang Beer at home?

Options
  • 25-08-2011 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

So I'm just back from Thailand, and I'd gotten really used to drinking the Chang beer they have over there; I've been looking around Dublin, but I've yet to find somewhere that sells it. I really enjoyed it and I'd love to know where I could find some more!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thelynchfella

Thai Orchard on Westmoreland street used to sell it so I am guessing its available somewhere

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Tesco UK have started selling it so it might appear down south. I got a bottle in a pub in Bray a while ago too so it's definitely around. Honestly I thought it was horrible though, had trouble finishing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Crochur wrote: »
    So I'm just back from Thailand, and I'd gotten really used to drinking the Chang beer they have over there; I've been looking around Dublin, but I've yet to find somewhere that sells it. I really enjoyed it and I'd love to know where I could find some more!

The Chang in Ireland and the UK is different to the Chang in Thailand. The Thai version was much stronger from my memory.

I havent seen the Thai version here just the one brewed for the market here.
    Plenty of off licences selling it in Dublin , Drinkstore and Molloys I can remember seeing it those places.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭davidm20

The Chang I've gotten here in a few asian restaurants is an imposter and a shadow of its Thai equivalent, it's only 5% too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

A lot of the regular off licenses have it as far as I know. I remember the off license in my local pub were selling it at €1 a bottle for a while. No idea if they still are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 badboyblake

Saba restuarant has it, nice with the early bird menu I can tell you.

http://www.sabadublin.com/

http://www.sabadublin.com/drink_cocktails.jsp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Chang is know as elephant piss (according to my taste buds & my Thai friends)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Chang was the worst beer I drank on my Asian travels, and there were many contenders. Didn't drink enough of it to suffer the infamous changover, but was told it was particularly nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Sergeant wrote: »
    Chang was the worst beer I drank on my Asian travels, and there were many contenders. Didn't drink enough of it to suffer the infamous changover, but was told it was particularly nasty.

Did you try red horse beer on your travels?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Chang is truly godawful, I'm guessing the love a lot of people seem to have for it relates to memories of being on a holiday in Thailand. That said, Thai beer is particularly poor, even by South East Asian standards. I'm not one to talk as I drank Leo most of the time I was there, had to be absolutely freezing though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Miss.Marple

I'm only a beer drinker myself & only Coors Light or Corona( with compulsary Lime:D)!! at home & have to say i loved the Chang whilst in Thailand recently!!First night i drank it was dying after(ferry from Phuket to Phi Phi hanging in a bag..no fun:D:o)!! though i got over that & lived off it for duration of hols..cant believe the "sea sickness"!! incident didnt put me off!!Really miss it since home so delighted we can get it on the Emerald Isle..I know its notorious for giving Changovers:D:):D:D!! though i never really got any:p!!...I miss Chang:(!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dereXTwin

it was my poison in Thailand, when i got sick of drinking buckets. I prefered chang over singha, pity its hard to get over here!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,755 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi there & welcome to boards.ie.

Just a wee tip - please do not drag up really old threads like this one. Feel free to start a new thread on Chang instead.

Check out the Newbies & FAQ forum for more info on how to use this site.

All the best,

tHB (Forum Mod)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement