Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RandomSelect.ie Lauch Party

Options
  • 24-08-2011 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking a thursday/friday/saturday night in a pub in dublin, projection screen, exhibition single elim tourny, a small casual tv at the side for the curious uninitiated, some t-shirts, a balloon or two, small spread of sandwiches and local councillor or TD and a journo or two to give us a nice write up.

Jim, get some nice pics and get us in Irish tatler.

If we're gonna relaunch, might as well do it with style. and nothing says style like cheese sandwiches.

ILNog.jpg

discus.

* Lauch is how hipsters pronounce launch, allegedly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I'd be down with this sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Drink????? If there's drink ill be there

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Make it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Jims in Galway and seems to have completely abandoned us :(

Other then that great idea. I remember there was a thread on t-shirts and we had some decently priced places. I'll see if I can find it.

I don't know if Farz has done it yet but I'd for the new design so that anything that is made up can be done in said design.

Finding a pub for a weekend night be hard in dublin. An idea off the top of my head is to do something in that bar that has arcade cabs and consoles anyway. Can't remember the name but it was up on Thomas Street iirc. Or that could be the name. I don't know, Dreddy will. That or Fibbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'm in.
    Orim wrote: »
    An idea off the top of my head is to do something in that bar that has arcade cabs and consoles anyway.

What really?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

You wont see the new design until sometime in september.
    I have work to do for the next week, then im in France till 11th september.

I can then actively start working on it.
    DONT HATE THE PLAYA, HATE THE ppl that took so long to come up with the NAME

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Placebo wrote: »
    You wont see the new design until sometime in september.
    I have work to do for the next week, then im in France till 11th september.

I can then actively start working on it.
    DONT HATE THE PLAYA, HATE THE ppl that took so long to come up with the NAME

You couldn't work on the design of a website until you had a name for it?

Gonna have to tell the software lads to stop working on the improvements for next year so until the PR people get back to them:P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

An idea off the top of my head is to do something in that bar that has arcade cabs and consoles anyway. Can't remember the name but it was up on Thomas Street iirc. Or that could be the name. I don't know, Dreddy will. That or Fibbers.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056358492

That thread has info about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

No, because as already stated in a different thread, i wanted the design to revolve around the logo. I could just sit here and write a thesis on how a brand identity affects almost everything about a product from aesthetics to the product mentality, instead im gonna post this picture

STFU-Bitch1.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Placebo wrote: »
    I could just sit here and write a thesis on how a brand identity affects almost everything about a product from aesthetics to the product mentality, instead im gonna post this picture

Ladies and gentlemen, here we have a single sentence which defines Farzes entire posting style on Boards :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Finding a pub for a weekend night be hard in dublin. An idea off the top of my head is to do something in that bar that has arcade cabs and consoles anyway. Can't remember the name but it was up on Thomas Street iirc. Or that could be the name. I don't know, Dreddy will. That or Fibbers.

That's the Thomas House.

They've got a cab installed already, Neo-Geo I think. The lad who owns the place seems very accomodating to games so I'd imagine he'd be up for possibly letting us bring a SFIV setup (TV/or Projector) for some console fighting games.
    Edit - They actually have an xbox connected to a TV there as well.

He's also a moderator here on boards too - bombidol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Sounds like a right spot.

Advertisement