Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Merville Booked Up???

Options
  • 24-08-2011 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Just got an offer of campus accomodation from UCD. I was trying to get a room in Merville, but it's not coming up for me, I can only get Belgrove, Glenomena and the rest... Merville isn't coming up at all... Is anyone else having this problem??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

Yes, I am...

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

Has anyone else had this problem, found a fix?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Merville came up for me when I first went in, but silly me was talking on the phone and took a minute to actually click a room. Clicked on it, and the site told me it was gone, and then no Merville showed up at all when I went to choose again.

Belgrove ftw....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

No, just got it there and there's plenty of places left. What an awful system with its haphazard offers. Why is every place not just displayed?

No, just got it there and there's plenty of places left. What an awful system with its haphazard offers. Why is every place not just displayed?

Ah lucky you...doubt I can change mine now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 goosey93

did u get merville or belgrove?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Hildago

I had that problem...was talking to the accommadations office there and they said that basically, they leave out one campus village when they're offering a place...ours just happened to be merville :( I took a room in belgrove instead..House 15 anyone?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

Belgrove came up at one point but clicked off it by accident! Settled for Merville in a moment of panic that I'd be stuck in Blackrock!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Shonagh

I was kinda hoping for Merville, if the same happens me and I'm not offered it, what happens? Can i refresh the page or something? I really dont want to do something and lose my place :L

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Orlagh123

Had the same problem, really wanted Merville! :( Same as that, I took Belgrove when it came up because I was so afraid I'd end up with nothing! I didn't know that about the villages disappearing when someone clicked it? I presumed that they'd all filled up, and I had Merville at one point!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭teotihuacan

Whoever came up with this online system, and indeed the sprawling mess that is the entire UCD website, i'd very much like to take them aside and give them a good, *ahem*, 'talking to'.....

Orlagh123 wrote: »
    Had the same problem, really wanted Merville! :( Same as that, I took Belgrove when it came up because I was so afraid I'd end up with nothing! I didn't know that about the villages disappearing when someone clicked it? I presumed that they'd all filled up, and I had Merville at one point!

Ditto :mad:

Ah well, off to Belgrove we go!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Orlagh123

EmilyO wrote: »
    Ditto :mad:

Ah well, off to Belgrove we go!

Exactly, its annoying but sure the craic will be had in Belgrove anyways! :P

Advertisement