Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failed the MC theory test (rant)

Options
  • 24-08-2011 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

I was 3 questions off. If anyone's wondering, they won't tell you which questions you failed, just in what category they were in.

I studied using the book only, and I swear there are questions that weren't in the book. For example this one:

"What should you do while driving into a tunnel on a MC? Select 2 answers"

A) Listen to the local radio station
    B) Listen to the tunnel radio station
    C) Turn on dipped headlights
    D) Turn on full headlights
    E) Turn on hazard blinkeres

To me turning on any radio station wouldn't make sense, especially when you're on a bike. I've never heard of anyone ever turning on hazard lights when entering a tunnel either. That leaves the 2 headlights.. and it doesn't make sense to select both of them. So I probably got this question wrong.

Has anyone else done the theory test and if so did you use the CDROM to study or just the book? I tihnk I'm going to get the CDROM just in case.

/rant

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

That sounds like a classic "aah sure it's motorcycle enough throw it in" nonsense from those that don't ride bikes.

If it were me I'd pick the tunnel radio and the dipped lights, because like you say hazards make no sense, nor does a local radio station and full beams would blind both oncoming or drivers ahead of you depending on the tunnel layout.

Can you check for sure that the question is not in the book with the corresponding correct answer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

It's a con job. Their book is available to buy, why not stick it online? I did it for the car test recently using the CD-ROM. Some weird questions in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Crazy question. My bike has neither a radio nor hazard lights and I don't see why I'd use them if it did. :confused:

Dipped headlights obviously but looking for a second answer is madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Mine has no hazards either. Dipped all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

If it doesn't make sense, answer in context of a car.

I went threw the questions before, some of them are actually wrong. Its pretty funny that we state exam people on this scale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

The CD is available online if you know where to look..

I bought it before I found this out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

Mathiasb wrote: »
    I was 3 questions off. If anyone's wondering, they won't tell you which questions you failed, just in what category they were in.

I studied using the book only, and I swear there are questions that weren't in the book. For example this one:

"What should you do while driving into a tunnel on a MC? Select 2 answers"

A) Listen to the local radio station
    B) Listen to the tunnel radio station
    C) Turn on dipped headlights
    D) Turn on full headlights
    E) Turn on hazard blinkeres

To me turning on any radio station wouldn't make sense, especially when you're on a bike. I've never heard of anyone ever turning on hazard lights when entering a tunnel either. That leaves the 2 headlights.. and it doesn't make sense to select both of them. So I probably got this question wrong.

Has anyone else done the theory test and if so did you use the CDROM to study or just the book? I tihnk I'm going to get the CDROM just in case.

/rant

What edition did you study ? Are you sure it was the latest one ?

Not all questions will be bike specific as far as i remember, i cant seem to find my copy but i would like to see that question from the most current edition if anyone can find it.

I found the book, the correct answer is dipped headlights and tunnel radio channel, its Q517, page 149 on the 4th edition.

@OP did you read all of the sections relevent to the MC theory test ? i.e part I and part III ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

The CD is available online if you know where to look..

I bought it before I found this out :(
    Irishtorrent possibly. Not sure. Must look and see how much I'd fail it by

Advertisement