Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Map your Skydrive.

Options
  • 24-08-2011 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭

People with windows mail accounts have a sky drive with 25GB of space, This is how I mapped mine as a network drive on my PC.

Go to your sky drive via your web browser and copy the CID addess of your sky drive, Just the letters and numbers now mind. I have changed my CID address and blanked my user-name for the tutorial and for the pure mystery of it.

24_08_2011_14_39_55.jpg

On your PC, Click the windows button, Go to Computer and click on the Map Network Drive buttton

24_08_2011_14_40_51.jpg

In the folder section paste the following \\docs.live.net@SSL\ followed by your CID address, Click finish, enter your windows mail account email address and password in the fields, and that's it your done.

24_08_2011_09_43_50.jpg

Go to my computer and view your sky drive contents.

24_08_2011_09_25_51.jpg

Now, how to get 20Gb of files up there using a 0.5Mb upload :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

WoW!!!
    just what i was looking for,
    that is a great post op.
    i think this should be stickied.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I tried downloading some application that was meant to let you do this but it didn't work and was a complete pain in the ass. Nice to see it's easy to do though. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

This is a very useful tutorial now have to find how to do it in mac osx

• Registered Users Posts: 81,973 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

collier wrote: »
    This is a very useful tutorial now have to find how to do it in mac osx
    idk, but OSX will have iCloud in a week or two. Which will be pretty beast all by itself.

Been using Skydrive lately though I tell you what. Makes Microsoft Office seem so god damn sexy.

This mapping is acting funny though, My Computer shows it has 116GB free of 249GB? Ran windirstat on it which came up bupkis - 133.3GB of dreaded "Unknown" file space. 116.3GB of "Free" space, and the whopping reality of 404MB worth of Documents, OneNote books and Audio clips. Totalling 250GB, so something is a little strange about how the SkyDrive is reporting it's volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Overheal wrote: »
    idk, but OSX will have iCloud in a week or two. Which will be pretty beast all by itself.

Been using Skydrive lately though I tell you what. Makes Microsoft Office seem so god damn sexy.

This mapping is acting funny though, My Computer shows it has 116GB free of 249GB? Ran windirstat on it which came up bupkis - 133.3GB of dreaded "Unknown" file space. 116.3GB of "Free" space, and the whopping reality of 404MB worth of Documents, OneNote books and Audio clips. Totalling 250GB, so something is a little strange about how the SkyDrive is reporting it's volume.
    Mine is suspiciously similar to my C: drive.

• Advertisement

it might be that the volume is reporting the actual volume being used by You, and the other Users around you. That is to say, the storage I see in My Computer and Windirstat is actually that of the physical drive my skydrive is sitting on in some server rack somewhere.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Overheal wrote: »
    it might be that the volume is reporting the actual volume being used by You, and the other Users around you. That is to say, the storage I see in My Computer and Windirstat is actually that of the physical drive my skydrive is sitting on in some server rack somewhere.

More than likely it's just showing the info of the local drive on your PC where your skydrive files are cached.

More than likely it's just showing the info of the local drive on your PC where your skydrive files are cached.
    ? The volume size didn't correlate to any of my local drives at all. I have 2TB partitioned out along several volumes and 2 physical drives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

i'm getting an error. see below. can anyone help out please? windows xp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Big Lar

I get that sometimes myself and put it down to poor connection quality, try again at a different time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement