Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice please - how much to rent a field

Options
  • 24-08-2011 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

A relation has offered to rent me a field (approx 1 acre) for grazing a pony. It has water supply and is well fenced. When I asked how much I got a coy smile and was told we could come to an arrangement!????!

Can anyone give me an idea of the average or price-range to rent an acre for a year?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭JennaJameson

I don't rent, but it seems €20-25 a week for grass livery is the average asking price. Only thing to bear in mind is, if your pony is kept at grass all the time, 1 acre will quickly become horse sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 mrsbear

I have about 3.5 acres between various grazing spots for three ponies. I pay 200 per year. No water supply, wooden fencing but old and electric not working so well so I've had escapee ponies on several occasions!

Definitely 1 acre not enough for a pony though unless you have other fields to move between?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭finbarrk

€100 would be plenty for it. I give a 3 acre field to a lad for €200 pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭kimberworth

Thanks for the replies. I'll know where to pitch if I'm asked for 400 euro!!
    I'll only use this field during the summer months as the pony will be on livery at a local yard close to home Oct - April.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

one field i rent is €150 for april 1 st to oct 31st about 1.5 acres i would not pay anymore than this

another poster mentioned about grass livery i presume there are other facilities there to call it livery arena etc
    if you are just renting the field i would not go above 150 euro !!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement