Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCC+ (HEAR Access Scheme)

Options
  • 24-08-2011 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Iv been accepted to UCC and i am attending the UCC+ orientation next week, but I would really like to know what exactly UCC+ can help me with? Could anybody answer my question?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jdhayes93

hey Im going to the hear scheme orientation week aswell.
    Alot of the information is on accesstocollege.ie and here is the benefits to the hear scheme

Examples of the type of supports available include:

Orientation programmes to introduce students to university or college
    Extra tuition if needed
    Help with study skills and exam preparation
    One-to-one meetings with student advisors,
    Social gatherings,
    Mentoring
    Advice about grants and scholarships
    Bursaries when available.

Other then that I think the orientation week would be good for meeting people on your course and a general introduction into college.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Vaughn616

Hey,
    I'm in 3rd year and part off UCC+ and the info jdhayes93 put up is spot on. Throughout the year you'll have to do workshops that help with essay writing skills and study skills. You'll get a achance to meet students from other years and ask them questions. You can borrow laptops and buy USB keys for a cheaper price. You'll have access to the UCC+ resource room, it has computers and printing facilities. Hope that helps

Advertisement