Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QUB Saturday Slayers Swagfest 4.2 - SSF4: AE Ranbats (Saturday 3rd September '11)

Options
  • 24-08-2011 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

I'm aware that this is the same day as Tempest, but given that's in Cork and this is in Belfast, I figure that you're going to go to wherever is closer anyway~

Date: Saturday 3rd September 2011

Location: Queen's University Belfast Student's Union, Snack Bar (2nd floor). It looks like this out the front. Note that we are holding the ranbat in a different venue for this weekend. This was were the Q-Con tournament was held, for those that attended. If you don't know how to get there:

Go through the front door, past reception, keep walking past the toilets and you'll hit doors leading to the stairwell on your left (there'll be a Santander bank to the right). Go up two flights, exit past the doors where you can see windows through it, turn left and you should see us.

Schedule:
    13:30 - Casuals
    14:30 SHARP - SSF4: AE Tournament

Entry fee: £1, all proceeds will go towards Child's Play, a charity for gamers (http://www.childsplaychari​ty.org/).

Console: XBOX360, maybe a PC setup

Tournament Format: 2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Games. Groups into Double Elimination bracket, 99 Seconds, No Handicap. Grand finals will be 3/5 Games, the opponent from the loser's bracket must win the first 3/5 Games to 'reset' the bracket and win a consecutive 3/5 Games to take the tournament.

Rules: If the players do not agree on a stage within 15 seconds, the match will be random stage select.

Winner must keep the same character, but can select a new ultra in game 2 or 3, but has to pick the ultra before the opponent picks theirs. This does not apply to blind pick.

Button checks MUST be performed before the match (this is especially important if you use an unconventional configuration or use a different stick/controller/converter​, or are playing on the same setup as someone who previously did). Once both participants are satisfied, they must go back to the character select screen to officially start their games.

Any accidental pauses/disconnects are left to the discretion of the offender's opponent. They may opt to play on with no penalty to the offender or take the round. Any accidents that are neither participant's fault will be evaluated at that moment.

It is highly recommended you take your own controller/stick/converter​ for your controller (if you intend to use a PS2/3 stick/controller). We cannot guarantee that we will have a spare for participants that turn up without one.

Current Standings/Seeds
    1st: Cobelcog (10)
    2nd: fake_roogle (8)
    3rd: Ian McTetly (6)
    4th: o GRAM o (5)
    5th: Blag (4)
    6th: The Truth (3)
    7th: Newtype (2)
    8th: Liquidswords (1)

side note: drama/saltyness/whatever is funny, don't take it too seriously blah blah blah it happens to everyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Yar, when it comes to Belfast events, don't worry about clashing with Tempests. I don't expect people to make the 4.5 hour trip down here from Dublin much and we sure as hell won't make it up for regular Ranbats in Belfast :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Sairus wrote: »
    Yar, when it comes to Belfast events, don't worry about clashing with Tempests. I don't expect people to make the 4.5 hour trip down here from Dublin much and we sure as hell won't make it up for regular Ranbats in Belfast :pac:

We could take the spruce moose!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

Any idea when this usually wraps up? I think I have a gig in Carrick that night but I'll make an appearance if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Kanped wrote: »
    Any idea when this usually wraps up? I think I have a gig in Carrick that night but I'll make an appearance if possible.

whenever cobelcog wins :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Gonna do my best to make it up.

If I catch the swine flu again up there someone is gonna pay :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I have the money and time to attend this.

See you fine folks on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

ayjayirl wrote: »
    whenever cobelcog wins :pac:

Sneaky little get switched to Yun as well, didn't he? Well.l, I found out I don't need to be at the gig venue until half 9 so I'll be there, rocking my 'haven't-played-SF4-since-3SOE-came-out-and-have-just-been-playing-Deus-Ex-all-week' skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

mackg wrote: »
    We could take the spruce moose!

Hop in! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Blinn

I plan to attend~

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Myself and DooM will be on the 11:00 train from Connolly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

Myself and DooM will be on the 11:00 train from Connolly.
    I don't have either of their numbers, but if someone does, can they text them that we are actually in the space? Only found out about the change last minute~

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I don't have either of their numbers, but if someone does, can they text them that we are actually in the space? Only found out about the change last minute~

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Had a pretty decent time today, despite the low turnout (11). Went out in groups again, but at least I didn't play like a (complete) idiot this time. Nando's afterwards was good craic too.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

results!!

1st: The Truth (Guile)
    2nd: Blag (M. Bison)
    3rd: Ian McTetly (Balrog)
    4th: Newtype (Ken)
    5th: Cobelcog (Cammy)
    6th: fake_roogle (Balrog/Ryu)
    7th: V-DecK (Random/Evil Ryu/Rufus)
    8th: DoctoR DooM (Guile/Dee Jay)

http://challonge.com/qubsss42 -- brackets (set scores may not necessarily be right, doing it off the top of my head )

GGs lads, the food in Nandos is top tier. Interesting conversation too.

I am NOT responsible for what happens when I post these videos :)

May be of some interest to you lads- the final is picking up some hits from the States and Japan. I can't find where exactly yet as Insight has this weird way of updating some stats and not the other over weekends.

Advertisement